Author  Message 
Majah
dream grower
Somniologist
LD count: 100+

what happened? strange experience
PostPosted: Tue 01 May, 2018  Reply with quote

Maybe you can help me understand it?

Or maybe you recognize anything from your own experience?

I had this very strange experience at around 1:00 A.M.
It begun with me (seemingly) waking up slightly from a dream. What happens then, I can not decide, is a false awakening or hypnopompic hallucinations (HI), maybe some kind of OBE activity, (even kundalini awakening?)?

Hypnopompic hallucination?
I slightly wake up with the recall of my dream: I accomplished a task, a mission, the first one out of three. I know the next tasks will come to me in future dreams. I feel content and confident, the tasks are very important.
Now I hear my husband calling from another room "hey mama, are you awake too?'. But I feel drowsy and I don't bother to answer, and I dislike yelling in the middle of the night.
The next moment I feel I am dragged towards the headboard of my bed, approx half a meter. This kind of scares me for a moment, I wonder is it my husband dragging me. The next moment I feel a vibrant energy in my brain, a unique feeling, and there is a caleidoscopic view, very colourfull and detailed, very beautiful. I enjoy it for a while, while being fully aware (lucid). Now my ratio takes over: "what the * just happened to me?" I lose the view, now I am very much awake (could not sleep for a long time after)

Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 6.april

PostPosted: Tue 01 May, 2018  Reply with quote

Were you maybe in sleep paralysis at this time? I have also had the "dragging" feeling in SP, accompanied by hallucinations. Sleep paralysis usually happens to me if I wake up quickly from a dream.

Current LD goal(s): To bring back a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Majah
dream grower
Somniologist
LD count: 100+

PostPosted: Mon 07 May, 2018  Reply with quote

Thank you Siiw for your reply.
Its reassuring to hear you recognize the dragging feeling

Sleep paralysis, of course that could have been it :D I would not know for sure because I never tried to move. Furthermore, there was only one time before I know of that I experienced sleep paralysis. So I would not recognize it myself easily.

But you are probably right. It would explain the feeling of waking and the hallucinations.

I still wonder what the buzzing feeling in my brain was about, the vibrant energy.
Maybe it was just a forebode of me getting ill, for two days later I developed a fever

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare