LucidityChick22
LucidDreamer
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sun 15 Jan, 2006  Reply with quote

goodluck! smile

crohnie

my attempts
PostPosted: Thu 16 Mar, 2006  Reply with quote

I've tried this technique a few times, and what's wierd is, the first 2 times i tried it, i went lucid. But not right away. It made me become lucid later in the night. The bad thing though, is that pretty much as soon as i went lucid both times, i did one thing, and then my dream went away.

I guess when i become lucid i should, first thing, stay where i am for a little bit and try to become more lucid? Maybe. If anyone has any tips for me, please respond. anything will help i'm sure.

I also tried another new technique where I move my fingers repeatedly while falling asleep and do reality checks every once in a while. I became lucid once doing this, but when i realized that i was dreaming because of a reality check, i couldn't move. I was stuck in bed, so i tried to levitate myself to the cieling, which worked, but as soon as i did this i woke up.

Snape
Deatheater
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Thu 16 Mar, 2006  Reply with quote

Hi Crohnie and welcome to LD4All.
You could try rubbing your hands together, spinning, or anything that involves interaction with your environment. Verbal reminders are quite good to prevent loss of lucidity - I like to say "I'm dreaming" over and over again.

Wyvern
Do a Rawr-C!
cookie lover
Wyvern has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 3189

PostPosted: Fri 17 Mar, 2006  Reply with quote

I find VILD works really well with WILD. You picture the scenario and it starts forming with WILD!

aznbreaker
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 17 Mar, 2006  Reply with quote

Im definately gonna try this tek. and its all thanks to PEDRO. You sweet mother ***;oiaj =p.

Saori
lucid jedi
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 18 Mar, 2006  Reply with quote

quick questions. If Im readinf this right... Im supposed to start visualizing the scenario the moment I go to sleep.. which he says it should be around 11 pm, then while visualizing I will enter a dream. but isnt a person supposed to sleep at least 5 hours to enter REM Stage and be able to dream? because by readin this technique, its saying you can dream and go lucid at the time you first go to sleep....

am I right on this?

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Sun 19 Mar, 2006  Reply with quote

Quote:
but isnt a person supposed to sleep at least 5 hours to enter REM Stage and be able to dream?

I've seen this recently on the forum but it's wrong. You enter a REM sleep stage every 90 minutes. First REM sleep stages are very short, about 5 minutes. Last ones are longer, about 45 minutes. Moreover, you have dreams in n-REM stages too, but they look more like thoughts and are more difficult to remember. Lots of LD's take place during the REM sleep, but some WILD's can happen in a sort of modified 1st or 2nd sleep stages. Thus it's possible to dream and go lucid at the time you first go to sleep, though it's harder.

By the way, VILD can be used as a DILD or as a WILD method.

Tggtt
Host of LC60®
cookie lover
Tggtt has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes

PostPosted: Wed 22 Mar, 2006  Reply with quote

Pedro? I heard of him in some wiki of ld! There was saying that he did the VILD but there are no real proffs of it, just testimonials.

WOW

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Fri 24 Mar, 2006  Reply with quote

Tggtt wrote:
Pedro? I heard of him in some wiki of ld! There was saying that he did the VILD but there are no real proffs of it, just testimonials.
WOW

That's normal. The wiki has been mainly initiated by somebody from the forum (R3TR0 if I remember well).

Deliriousness
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 01 Apr, 2006  Reply with quote

Quote:
You will not realise the transition between these thoughts and the actual dream.....but eventually you will enter the dream...

At the time you will just think you are still just imagining your thoughts and then suddenly you will do the Reality Checks and you REALLY will be dreaming!!!

This is really helpful for me cuz usually when i wake up in the middle of the night, i try to WILD and i think of myself walking up stairs or something and i start dreaming of walking up stairs. but i dont realize im actually dreaming, i just believe that im thinking about walking up the stairs. Then i get frustrated and open my eyes and realize that i really WAS dreaming that whole time. Buuut if i think about myself doing reality checks then i'll have to realize that im dreaming and..have a ld! awesome.

Eyegug
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 24

PostPosted: Wed 26 Apr, 2006  Reply with quote

i have a lot of trouble visualizing anything, any time of day or night. is there a technique i can practice to improve my visualization skills?

<mod>Topic reached 10 pages thus it's locked. You can find Part II here.</mod>

Page 10 of 10Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

print   ShareShare