Recurring dreams

I got a recurring dream where my jaw was broken and I couldn’t close my mouth. >:D

This sounds like a variation on the teeth-falling-out dream, which is universally common. Myself, I’ve had the teeth-falling-out dream many times, but more common is a recurring dream of having holes in my tongue.

I also have a dream of pulling endless strings of phlegm out of my mouth.

Possibly, these dreams have a physical source—although it’s easier for me to imagine why I might dream of a blockage in my throat than a hole in my tongue, or my jaw being stuck open. (It’s easy to imagine my throat actually being blocked during sleep.)

Of course, from having these dreams many times in different but similar contexts, I have a good idea what they mean to me. They don’t seem to happen randomly, but with very specific emotions at play in the dream, and with predictable imagery.

So what are the circumstances of the broken-jaw dreams?

Oh wow, completely forgot I made this post :o
Anyways, in both of the dreams I was walking down the main hallway in my house, towards the front door. I then stopped and looked around, probably trying to find someone to help me. The whole time my mouth was wide open and did hurt quite a bit.