The Spirit of Gifting XII
print ShareShare 

the BIG LD FAQ

Page 7 of 7Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Author  Message 

PostPosted: Mon 26 Dec, 2011  Reply with quote

Sureal wrote:
Do you mean music from the real world?

Assuming you hear it, and it's not loud enough to wake you up...
I dunno wink5.

i play techno music alot and i hear it in my dreams

BrightVoid

PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar, 2012  Reply with quote

Does being lucid in dreams "ruin" the process of putting short term memory to long term memory or any other function? Because if you become lucid, then wont you be using your brains to work again as in waking life; therefore, halting the process? (Sorry for my english, not my strong language)

mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar, 2012  Reply with quote

BrightVoid wrote:
Does being lucid in dreams "ruin" the process of putting short term memory to long term memory or any other function? Because if you become lucid, then wont you be using your brains to work again as in waking life; therefore, halting the process? (Sorry for my english, not my strong language)

While in REM sleep our brains work almost as much as when we are awake. Being lucid only adds awareness to the dream. I've never heard anything about the memory thing... there are a few lucid dreamers here that ONLY have lucid dreams, all night long, and I'm sure they don't have any problems with their memory grin

Groscalins
Homo Sapiens Sapiens
Novice dreamer
LD count: Total:4

PostPosted: Mon 29 Oct, 2012  Reply with quote

Thanx for this long post (I think I'm not creative enough to write so much tounge2).
I'm pretty new and it's good to have a start point.

Current LD goal(s): Communicate with my subconscious.
downloaded

PostPosted: Mon 09 Dec, 2013  Reply with quote

Hi. I've been trying WILD for at least 40 times and no LDs. I've tried in naps, midnights and when I go to sleep. Today I relaxed and waited for 2 hours with my body feeling numb. I had some sinking like sensation but no transition. I do a reality check every time I wake up so I think there is no FAs. Why? Sorry for my bad English

Mew151
Ebil Mew Idol
cookie lover
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: %d
Location: Universe............. Favorite Animal: Mew....... Nightmare count: 4

PostPosted: Tue 10 Dec, 2013  Reply with quote

I'd say that you're either trying at the wrong time awake or you are too awake. It sounds like you're trying the WILD method, which can only be done at certain times when you fall straight into REM sleep as you fall asleep. This only occurs during afternoon naps, using the WBTB technique, or if you have certain polyphasic sleep schedules. WILD does not work when first going to bed at night. Although, from your post, this seems like it might not be the case.

With WILD, you need to actually trick your body to fall asleep without making your mind fall asleep either. One problem people often have is that they keep their mind too awake, not tricking the body to actually fall asleep. Even when crossing over into hypnagogia, focusing too much on the hypnagogic sensations that appear before you can make them disappear.

Obviously I can't pinpoint the exact problem, but I hope this can help you achieve lucidity! Good luck!

Current LD goal(s): Get a real LD; Shoot fireworks out of my hands; Become top idol

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Arai Kobzo
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 0 :C

PostPosted: Thu 22 Dec, 2016  Reply with quote

Is it true that you have an extremely headache when you wake up from a lucid dream?

Current LD goal(s): Have atleast one Ld>Improve your dream control skills>Enter the Star Wars
Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 10.oct

No. I have never woken up with a headache, unless I had the flu. I have never heard of this before on this forum or the chat either.

Current LD goal(s): To bring back a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Arai Kobzo
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Siiw wrote:
No. I have never woken up with a headache, unless I had the flu. I have never heard of this before on this forum or the chat either.

Thank you for answer smile. I didn't hear that from here. I heard it from a foreign site like urbandictionary. They were saying "Your brain creating something while it must rest so you have a headache when you wake up." I wanted to know is it true.

Well, I have another question. (I don't know why I didn't ask this same post before this). Do you have to review your dream journal before you go to bed?

Current LD goal(s): Have atleast one Ld>Improve your dream control skills>Enter the Star Wars
Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 10.oct

No, but if you want to remember your dreams as well as possible, it is a good thing to keep the dream journal close to your bed and write in it in the morning. I usually use my phone to write keywords into, and sometimes read my own dreams before sleep simply for inspiration.

There are many different ways to get a lucid dream. You can find information about a lot of them in this forum. Different things work for different people. siiw

Current LD goal(s): To bring back a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Arai Kobzo
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 25 Dec, 2016  Reply with quote

Hello, me again :D
If you can't write complex scenarios in real life, can you write it in dreamworld? Being creative is easier or far easier in dreamworld?

Can you do physics simulations in dreamworld?

Tggtt
Host of LC60®
cookie lover
Tggtt has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes

I really like to see someone who is excited about LDing, thank you Arai Kobzo.

Arai Kobzo wrote:
If you can't write complex scenarios in real life, can you write it in dreamworld?

I think this question is undecidable. It might be easier in the dreamworld but you need to test it yourself, I am sorry, because:
Siiw wrote:
Different things work for different people. siiw

Arai Kobzo wrote:
Being creative is easier or far easier in dreamworld?

It also depends on the person. Some people are too tired in dreams. Sometimes I feel stressed or tired in mine and everything seems harder than in RL.
Sometimes it feels just like RL.
However, in other dreams it seems far easier.

It not only depends on the person, dreams are different by themselves. There are dreams that you cannot do anything even when lucid. Sorry about that.

Arai Kobzo wrote:

Yes, but how precise is the simulation? Simulations may vary in realism and so do dreams. It may be unclear while dreaming how realistic the simulation is. So you could think something impossible is possible in real life.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Arai Kobzo
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Tggtt wrote:
I really like to see someone who is excited about LDing, thank you Arai Kobzo.

Arai Kobzo wrote:
If you can't write complex scenarios in real life, can you write it in dreamworld?

I think this question is undecidable. It might be easier in the dreamworld but you need to test it yourself, I am sorry, because:
Siiw wrote:
Different things work for different people. siiw

Arai Kobzo wrote:
Being creative is easier or far easier in dreamworld?

It also depends on the person. Some people are too tired in dreams. Sometimes I feel stressed or tired in mine and everything seems harder than in RL.
Sometimes it feels just like RL.
However, in other dreams it seems far easier.

It not only depends on the person, dreams are different by themselves. There are dreams that you cannot do anything even when lucid. Sorry about that.

Arai Kobzo wrote:

Yes, but how precise is the simulation? Simulations may vary in realism and so do dreams. It may be unclear while dreaming how realistic the simulation is. So you could think something impossible is possible in real life.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

I thank you so much! smile.
I got what you're trying to say about physics simulations.
And I think you're saying me "That's not an answerable question. Go have a LD and see the anwser of question! Cause it depends on you." about creativity in dreamworld. I hope I will see a LD soon.

Page 7 of 7Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

print   ShareShare