EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

What do you see when you look at the mirror?

Author  Message 
sandris01
LD count: I don't count

What do you see when you look at the mirror?
PostPosted: Wed 18 Dec, 2013  Reply with quote

I had a LD not so long ago, where I ,for no reason, decided to look at the mirror. I had read, that looking at the mirror can be a good RC, but sometimes you see your face very distorted and can even be frightful. Almost nothing fazes me, but the image I saw of myself really did put me off.

I'm interested as to what others have seen and felt smile

Current LD goal(s): Achieve stronger lucidity, create an energy orb without being disturbed
moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

PostPosted: Thu 19 Dec, 2013  Reply with quote

The one LD when I looked in a mirror...

Quote:
I thought it must be a dream! I started bouncing on the partition, it had some give and it swayed too. It was fun, I was balancing and bouncing up and down (I thought .. what if I fall and then thought it wouldn't matter because I'm dreaming! :D I looked infront of me and saw my reflection in one of the mirrors.
In the mirror 'the reflection' was 20 to 24 years old with long black/dark brown hair and wearing a yellow top that I owned years ago . 'The reflection' was watching me and laughing lach1 with happiness at my enjoyment. I decided to take off. So I made a bigger bounce and started leisurely flying on my back :D . Then I started doing the breast stroke while still on my back. All the time I was looking at 'the reflection' and she was watching me.

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
sandris01

What a nice dream you had! So hearth-warming smile) I never have such dreams. My dreams are always mysterious, somewhat dark and almost never with happy feelings sadblauw(

Current LD goal(s): Achieve stronger lucidity, create an energy orb without being disturbed
Mew151
Ebil Mew Idol
LD4all addict
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: %d

I saw myself with completely different hair and eye colors in a ND once. Instead of RC'ing, I just started freaking out.

Current LD goal(s): Get a real LD; Shoot fireworks out of my hands; Become top idol

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
HeadInTheClouds
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
HeadInTheClouds has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: a lot

As soon as I saw this post, I knew I had to get my two cents in. :D

As I've tried to stress many times, the fear of mirrors that many people have is unfounded. It is my belief that because there is an expectation amongst people that they will see something bizarre or frightening in a mirror, they in fact do only because of that belief. That is the nature of dreams after all.

As for what I see in a mirror, just usually myself. I probably don't look 100% like I do IRL, but in the dream I never notice anything different. I often have used mirrors for transformation, so I see some weird stuff when I do that, but that is because I willed it to be so in the dream. There have been a couple times where I've seen odd things, but never anything frightening or disgusting, although occasionally a little bit embarrassing.

I know it's off topic, but the best part of mirrors in your LDs is not the reflection, but the ability to use them as portals, which is always very fun.

Current LD goal(s): Have a LD every night; Have longer and more vivid dreams
dreamincolor
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 320

Quote:
I know it's off topic, but the best part of mirrors in your LDs is not the reflection, but the ability to use them as portals, which is always very fun.

My next goal while lucid is to try to step through a mirror, I really want to try that! I tried in a dream the other night, but while I could stretch the mirror like putty, I couldn't go through it.

I have seen myself in mirrors a lot of times, recently I did just because I was lucid and curious. I was surprised how normal I looked. Sometimes I have the new haircut that I wish I could have, or I look MUCH prettier, which is kind of disappointing when I wake up LOL.

Current LD goal(s): walk through a mirror
sandris01

PostPosted: Fri 20 Dec, 2013  Reply with quote

HeadInTheClouds wrote:
It is my belief that because there is an expectation amongst people that they will see something bizarre or frightening in a mirror, they in fact do only because of that belief. That is the nature of dreams after all.

Yes, that is true. And that is what happened in my dream, even though I know how that works.

I noticed that in LD or ND I often think and act very differently than IRL. That dream with mirror is no exception. Something just clicked inside me and I remembered what I have read about mirrors in dreams and decided to look at it. At that moment I didn't even knew there's a mirror nearby, I probably created it with my thoughts involuntarily. I turn around and, yeah, mirror is on the wall. I jump in front of it full of curiosity....well I didn't expect too see such an image. Half of my face looked burned or rotten( hadn't looked at it long :D ), the other side was all hanging down, almost dripping. It looked like someone has bashed my face with a sledgehammer. My eye was hanging outside, and I could see my insides through eye socket. I believe even a portion of my brain was visible.

That's just the general image, but I doubt anyone wants to know the details :D

Laretta
Dream Explorer
Somniologist
LD count: Many....

PostPosted: Sat 21 Dec, 2013  Reply with quote

Myself, but in a different outfit that I wear in the current dream. I don't expect anything magical or terrifying/scary, so that won't happen. At least I never experienced them in any of my dreams so far.

Current LD goal(s): Perform a swan dive (Leap of Faith), fly with a glider (http://bit.ly/Sr55eU)
CloudFlip
Cloud Flipper
LD count: 6

PostPosted: Sat 21 Dec, 2013  Reply with quote

The first and only time I did, it was actually blank :O No reflection at all

almighty catfish
Best. Title. Ever
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sun 22 Dec, 2013  Reply with quote

I always look really weird. I've had illogical things such as looking at myself in the mirror and seeing I have no eyes, that was probably the scariest.
Other times it's usually my waist is really, really thin, my hair is a different length to what it normally is, missing teeth, or my arms look funny.

HeadInTheClouds wrote:
As I've tried to stress many times, the fear of mirrors that many people have is unfounded. It is my belief that because there is an expectation amongst people that they will see something bizarre or frightening in a mirror, they in fact do only because of that belief. That is the nature of dreams after all.

+1
I'm a suspicious person and fearful of the unknown and have had fears in the past of the paranormal, so I tend to think something bad will be in the mirror or around a corner. Though now I push the fear and thoughts down so scary things never happen smile

Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 19.augus

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jan, 2014  Reply with quote

How could you see if you didn't have eyes? 8P

I usually look like myself in the mirror, but sometimes I find bruises or scars on myself and wonder how I got them. Last night in a LD, I played with distorting my face, and the mirror image matched how my face was stretched or compressed.

In dreams, we usually find exactly what we expect. Maybe you will look like your idol (if you have one) in the next dream siiw

Current LD goal(s): To bring back art or a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover
dB_FTS has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 118

PostPosted: Sun 19 Jan, 2014  Reply with quote

My first experience with mirror was fortunately in a lucid dream. I was having pure experience because I didn't read then about other dreamers experiences. My hair was brown as it is in WL but it had orange stripes. Then I smiled to myself and noticed I was missing few teeth.

Then to make it more interesting I moved head away from the mirror and again in front of it. I looked distorted. No stripes and no missing teeth but distorted. Then I decided that I need to touch mirror(don't know why) and then I found myself in some city, unknown to me, flying just above the skyscrapers...

Cool dream nevertheless...

Current LD goal(s): #Find/Meet Dream Guide#
Aeon234
Lucid Natural
Dream Deity
Aeon234 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 1000+

PostPosted: Thu 23 Jan, 2014  Reply with quote

I usually see my normal everyday self unless I am expecting to see something else. There have been times when I do see something different to what I think I might see but for the most part I see myself.

Current LD goal(s): Explore persistent realms
Husky
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 15

PostPosted: Sat 25 Jan, 2014  Reply with quote

The only time I've seen myself in the mirror, it was terrifying. I looked like if someone had recently poured a pot of boiling water at my face. I had lots of blisters, and my face was very red. Such a scary sight, and a very vivid one as well. Fortunately, I attained lucidity shortly after, for I had panicked as soon as I saw my reflection.

yoy
Wonder hunter
Somniologist
yoy has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 70

PostPosted: Fri 21 Feb, 2014  Reply with quote

In my last LD, I made a mirror appear. When i looked into it, i saw myself dressed as superman. Really fun but quite unxepected.
I flew throught it and found myself struggling passing it with the sound from matrix when neo get covered with that shinny stuff. I then found myself in a neo-renaissance kind of place. I amazed me once again to see the capacity of the mind to create unique architectures !

Current LD goal(s): Use the dreamclock

print