Have u tried Hypnosis?

Hi all ,
i’ve been trying to get lucidity for a long period, about 10 months or so …and although in the past I went through periods where I got lucid every now and then nowadays is much harder. During the current period i’ve only been lucid (not fully) few times ,and this doesn’t seem very normal to me. The way I’m trying to become lucid is through RC. I do the RC’s when seeing my particular signs during the day, which they also appear during my dreams, and it is then that I should check them and become lucid, yet it ain’t the case. However, what surprises me the most is the fact that my dream signs have been appearing every single night for months and months. Not sure how many, but probably about 6 months or more … I got 3 dreamsigns which some of them appear every single night, but i dont realise about it, and consequently I don’t become lucid.
I can’t believe it, it’s been like this for months and i don’t get it … and sometimes the dreams can be very,very unusual on top so that i should have more chances to realise about it … The thing is that my higher self (subconsciuos) is doing very well in getting all those signs in my dreams but i don’t get them …
Well, i’ve come up with an idea to get this sorted and i’d like u to tell me what u think, A person who’s very close to me practice hypnosis and we’ve talked about the problem told above. He believes that through some sessions of hypnosis I could start realising about my dream signs when dreaming, and thus finally become lucid.
I think he’s right … and i might give it a try … what do you think about it?

There’s another way I’m trying to become lucid too, and this has been a bit more succesful than doing RC…I try to practice WILDS. Although i’m doing it somewhat differently these days too , I’ll tell u this in another new topic though …

Thanks for reading ,

Hello :wave:

He is right and we call it HILD here.

You can use hypnosis for several things, including accelerating WILDs, incubating dream settings and improving recall. But I’m not a master of it. I don’t know exactly how to proceed.

I recommend you to search for HILD (Hypnosis Induced Lucid Dream). Be careful, however, because there is another technique that has been called HILD and is not related to Hypnosis.

thanks for you answer tggtt,

But I’d like to stress one point that I’m not sure if i expressed it clearly,
When I talked about being involved with hypnosis I meant having some sessions with a hypnotist; yeah, a person I know would hypnotise me and tell me that next time I see my dream signs whether it is in waking life or dream life I’d do a RC and if i’m dreaming I’d realize about it and i’d become lucid. I didn’t mean any sort of self hypnosis although I understand that if one agrees with hypnosis, It means that he agrees on any kind of hypnosis, right?

Thanks

If you accept hypnosis you are “almost there”. Many people don’t trust hypnosis or see it as a form of magic of some sorts. If you’re are ready for hypnosis you can even try it out on yourself (this article on how to hypnotize yourself might help you).
I have no experience with hypnosis inducing lucid dreaming so I am really curious if your “experiment” will work. Please kindly let us know how did your hypno-session go!

Hi , i haven’t tried hypnosis eventually ,although it’s still an option to me. During these last months I’ve been trying to continue doing reality checks and wild’s, and I’ve been having some LD’s. Few nites bacl i even had twice in the same night, so that’s good, although I must say that the level of Lucidity wasn’t that good but not bad either… If I ever try hypnosis I’ll let u know …

Trying self-hypnosis is a pretty simple matter (just read up about it, try some audios etc.) and I have found it helpful.

It’s quite similar to some types of meditation, by the way. I think your hypnotist friend could help you. Good luck in your endeavors.

I know a great hypnotist and asked him a few years ago to help me change my dreams. My dreams always contained dream characters that would criticize me and I would just cower in response. It had been going on for years. It took a few sessions, but finally he got the wording just right. Afterwards I had a dream where a women was criticizing me for my weight. I didn’t cover, I cussed her out. Then there were no more critical dream characters in my dreams. It is now very rare that they criticize me. I was going to go back to him and ask him to help me get lucid more often. (I sometimes experience what you were describing). But sadly, I had to make an abrupt move to another state and it never happened. It is definitely worth trying with a hypnotist. I have done a lot of hypnosis and self-hypnosis and I prefer a hypnotist.