Being very hot = Weird dreams?

Does anyone know why this happens?

I find that when I’m very warm while asleep, my NDs tend to become rather bizarre. For example, the other morning I was being lectured by a philisophical alien while in a weird starry plane. When I woke and told my fiancé about it he said that’s why he was cuddling me, so I would get weird and maybe lucid dreams. I know a couple of people who also get this so I know it’s not just me, but I just wondered why does it happen, and what’s the strangest heat-induced dream you’ve had?

Strange can happen in so many different ways. I’ve noticed that many times through the dreams you can learn how your body is at the moment when the dream is happening, some dreams are more literal some are less.

That usually happens when we are thirsty, when we are cold/hot, when we need to pee and so on and on.

It’s good that our body/brain is telling us what is happening, it’s on us to realize the message…

I wonder if the heat can actually raise our body temperature so we get “fever” dreams. I have noticed that most kinds of discomfort can affect dreams.

I once fell asleep in a tent in the sun, and dreamt that I was an orange helium balloon flying away among other orange helium balloons…

It’s amazing this manifestation of feelings and sensations through dreams if you ask me. To me thirst is usually the one that happens when I need to sleep so crazy water dreams happen a lot. Heavy storms, tornados, flooding and so many other illogical dreams with some kind of heavy thirst theme and when the thirst is very strong I would literally dream how thirsty I am and how I wanna drink water and only water…

I have a lot of issues with heat, primarily with insomnia and recall. My dreams do get a little odd in summer though, and that happened last night involving life forms that were just eyeballs.

I can’t explain why, but it is certainly true. The room temperature/humidity can certainly affect my dreams.