mocked by a DC

I just wanted to share my little story about last night.
I was in a room with other people and did a RC. I became lucid and as I had a heavy drinking just before I started screaming “More lucidity” to stay in control. And the DC’s actually started making fun of me for screaming haha.
And then I did have the thought “Am I really dreaming and not just making a fool of myself ?” and I lost my lucidity.
Did any of you already encountered DC’s making fun of your lucidity ? :happy:

No, never before. That sounds kind of funny!

Next time, just create a gun, or bomb, and kill them with it!

Sorry if that sounded too crazy :smile:

That has never happened to me, some DCs may mock me but never about lucidity.

But I know some member who had this issue…

SPOILER - Click to view

I have had DCs do this to me. The best way to beat those is probably a failproof RC, for example one that requires breaking the laws of physics. It is hard to argue against you if you make a car fly with your mental power, for example.

My DCs don’t taunt me for becoming lucid… in fact, they show more signs of plotting to make me lucid without directly saying “It’s a dream!” :razz:

I’ll try to break the laws of physics next time :smile: But kill them with a bomb or gun seems a little drastic no ? :happy: I don’t like to be violent in LD’s, I think it’s funnier to create than destroy. But if they continue I will kick their butts haha

Maybe killing them is a bit extreme. You could just tell them to stop otherwise you will turn them into something else, like a rock or an ant. That way, once you show one of them what you can do, the others won’t doubt you so much :smile:

When I tell DCs that I’m dreaming, they tend to look at me like I’m in a loony bin. So I usually prove it to them by levitating, putting my hands through the nearest wall or something similar. If they still persist on mocking me, I’ll walk right through them. That normally works. :wink:

That’s actually really funny and relatable! The characters around me seem to resort to two different states of being when I finally go lucid.

In the one scenario, they’ll continue their train of thought, but completely ignore me. It gets quite angering sometimes. :razz:

Sometimes they’ll go completely “ragdoll.” I go lucid, and they just clam up and stop moving. It’s as if they’re actors on a stage and suddenly have forgotten their script. :razz:

Every now and then they’ll talk to me like normal, though. :smile:

Haha that’s the same thing that happens when I LD. They just stop and stare at me xD Tonight was actually the first time I got some reaction from my DC .I said I know its a dream and she was like “oh ok than, we can say goodbye to each other”.

I came across this site and your post as I was searching the reason why similar thing happened with me. I have been trying to be lucid for some time and got successful. As I had read, to stablize the LD I tried to lie down on floor and rub my hands together. Suddenly the dream chahracter went nuts and started laughing at me for what I was doing. I tried to shoo them away saying that its a dream and I need to stablize it. They kept on laughing and walked away. The LD lasted for one or two minutes and I woke up to real life.

I think its just a game by our brain to avoid us from becoming lucid.

Could this have something to do with how public one is about lucid dreaming in waking life? As in, if you’re embarrassed about talking about LDing irl could your DCs be picking up on that embarrassment? Just a thought…

I rarely have DCs make fun of me for how I get or stay lucid, but if I try to talk to them about it they give me a ‘yikes’ face and turn away.

My dream characters always make fun of me or disbelieve me when I get lucid and try to enlighten them. I had to learn the hard way that trying to convince them they are in a dream usually ended up in me wasting or losing my own lucidity. Sometimes you just got to walk away.

yeah normally when i get lucid i just try to get away from people because i want to chase my lucid goals so i normaly like swap them away in the air or try to burn them/try to send them away with my mind

i got better things to do in a LD than talking to DC ahaha. but i can try to practise magic on them :tongue: