the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 72

[mod]
This is Part 72 of the big “Hi I’m New Here” topic.

The previous part can be found here. All links to previous parts including the “shake hands” topics can be found in this post.

Keeping all the intros in one topic prevents us from having thousands of individual “hello, I’m New” topics and keeps the forum from getting cluttered up. :content: Anyone is welcome to post here :user: , new and old members. So don’t be shy :peek: , we don’t bite :wolfbite: .

(please remember to not carry on long chatspeak conversations in here, we have a wonderful private message system, chatroom and playground for that :thumbs: ) :moogle: [/mod]

Hi everyone! I can see that this is the 10th page of this thread, so I’m unsure if I should be posting here, but here goes.

I’ve had lucid dreams since early childhood, almost every night. When I was little, I didn’t question it, I always knew I was dreaming and I enjoyed my adventures, which were mostly exploring old castles and throwing magic at the “bad guys”. When I was 16 I started having problems with hallucinations upon waking, which got worse over the years, and I felt unsure about controling my dreams because I kept thinking about the horrors that would pop up when I open a door. Lately, I tried to reduce the fear and have more control, but I can do so only partially. I came here because I wanted to learn from other people’s experience how to embrace the possibilities of LD and overcome the fear. I have no technique whatsoever, so I’m looking forward to a lot of reading and learning. :wiske:

Welcome En’enra !

Wow, I’m impressed. Most new people wouldn’t notice that. You did post in the correct place since when we get to the 12th page, the posts (starting with your post) will be split off to make the next part. :thumbs:

Welcome to ld4all :grouphug:

Those early childhood LDs must have been fun. By the way, we have a first dream you remember topic in the stuff forum and also your first LD and your most interesting LD topics in the dream journal forum.

Good luck with subduing the fear/expectation thing and making the expectations positive. :smile:

I hope you enjoy your time on the forum.

Thanks for the welcome, Posae!

Moogle, thanks for the welcome, kupo! :moogle:

I’ll check those topics out, so far I was mostly reading the FAQs and guides. I started writing my own journal a couple of nights ago, is it okay if I open a thread for that in the journal forum, or is it still early (since I saw that different people have their own stuff posted)?

:yay: Yes, create your own DJ topic in the DJ forum. You can even link to it in your signature. :smile:

[url=paste the url here]En'emra's Dreams for example[/url]

[color=olive]Welcome En’enra. I read your entry, The Book of Evil, in another thread. Pretty interesting…Looking forward to reading more from you.[/color] :yinyang:

Thank you :smile: I’ve been reading other people’s journals a bit, but right now I’m in the middle of an exam period, so I’ll dedicate more attention to the forum later :smile:

Hallo! My name is Joanna and I’m fifteen. A few months ago a friend of mine was mentioning something about some of her lucid dreams. I had never heard of it before, but from her explanation I became quite interested. I have read a few books and forums now and even had a few lucid dreams of my own. :happy: I look forward to adventure and self-discovery in the future of my dreaming life. :smile:

:yay: congrats on the lucid dreams

Welcome to ld4all :smile:

Hi all!

I’m Zheran and I’m 17. I recently decided to join due to reading about peoples experiences with lucid dreaming on reddit, and learning more about it through the interwebs. Before realising that lucid dreaming was actually something I’ve experienced a few times in the past but I never knew why or what at the time. I hope I can learn to control these dreams more and be able to experience them more often.
I hope I can fit in here!

Hello everyone!

Name 's John and I’m excited about LD.
I only hope that I won’t get discouraged… :smile:

:welcome: hello Zheran and elGreco

There are lots of useful tutorials and knowledge in the FAQs and Tutorials and some interesting articles in Article Space
LD4all is a very friendly forum, make a few posts and you will soon feel at home here. :yay:

Negative thinking :eh:
You WILL have a LD :thumbs:

Welcome elGreco!! :smile:

Hello dreamers,

A friend of mine who is working on improving her intuition told me about paying more attention to the dream life. I thought it would be a good idea and in the first days of April I started a dream journal.

Then I remembered having read about lucid dreaming and I got excited about the idea. (I had some FLD experiences in the past in which I felt I could control things by will power, but was not aware of dreaming.) So I read some books and internet sites on the topic and began practicing Mild. Some weeks later, in the first days of May I experienced my first LD ever. It lasted for just some moments but I was really impressed!

Now is the end of June and there have been no more LD. I am experimenting with different techniques now and try to be patient and be confident.

Welcome to ld4all majah :smile:
Firstly congrats on your first LD! You may wish to post it in the sticky The BIG “My First LD” collection- Part VI - I would love to read it.

Have you read “How to Choose Your Technique” - By Treader? It will suggest which technique may be the best one for you to try first. :content: As a general rule using WBTB (wake back to bed) with the techique of your choice will improve the chance of having a LD. :smile:

I hope you enjoy your time here. It’s a friendly community and very welcoming.

hi everyone, I’m new here. I’ve been LD’ing for about 2 years now, and hope to continue to work on my quest for lucidity and further understanding of myself so i can further help others. I will be very active, and hope to contribute as much to yall as you can to me. :smile:

Hi everybody !
I’m Dreamyx, glad to see you again. I had another account that got stuck for some stupid reason (I still didn’t get it) and all my messages were erased… Sad :sad:
I’m coming back (1year later) because I feel the need to experiment LD’s again (starting by writing a dream journal, I really have some serions doubts about it! Can I write a daily journal?). Well, I hope holidays will help ! Yes, because I’m 17 and I can still enjoy holidays (no offense to anybody!).
I remember a great community here, with lot of help and interresting subjects to talk about. I really want to open my self to something else you learn at school. I want to learn things by myself, try doing something new and new ways to think. Meet people that have a better opinion of the world that these stupid “politican” talking on the radio all the day long !
I want to see the world another way, and thanks to the internet (and holidays), I guess it’s the right time to do it!
I’m sure to really enjoy this community!
Excuse my poor english, and my ios “auto-corrector”, who knows only french…
See you soon, between light and shadows, walking on path made of dreams.

Hello Repose, welcome to ld4all. I’m sure you will enjoy your time here, it’s a great community.

Have you tried messaging Q (link to profile) with the details? she might be able to get the old account active again.

Good luck with your LD quest :thumbs:

Thanks ! I tried to message Qu, but it seems I couldn’t get anything back from my old profile anyway.
See you !

Hello all I’m Keela and I’m very excited to explore your forums and converse with your natives.

Dreamwalker since before I could walk. Mostly what many have come to refer to as that “in between” sort of lucid dreaming. I wake up remembering that I made lucid choices with an analytic mind but have no memory of taking control. Lots of that.

Looking to fix that (not to say my way isn’t stupendous already). My current goals as stated below are to banish my alarm, read LD materials before bed, get to sleep before 11 and get back to listening to my inner ear to achieve HI.

Fun fact: Watched ‘Fargo’ finally at twenty-six years old. That’s a damn fine film. You betcha.