What have you learned from your dream guides?

so I was reading about the concept of a dream guide. I wanted to ask all of you who have had experience with meeting your dream guides, what can be learned from them? I guess in general I am asking if I can learn more about lucid dreaming and how to make it easier to lucid dream in about dreams in general. More than the common website can tell about them? And then in general other things that I can learn from them? If you can please share personal experiences. Thanks! :grin:

I’m sure dream guide can help accomplish many goals in a dream. I haven’t really met my dream guide, but I consider him to be like any other DC, and I have learned helpful things from DCs. In one dream they taught me how to sizeshift and I had some success with that in a lucid dream later.

I’ve read about experiences where dreamers had a lot of help from their DGs but I don’t have this experience yet. I think it’s a lot about what you believe, dreams do work in that way at the end so this experience is also a product of your believe.

Now however you go into this I think it’s a good experience. I’m still searching for my DG and I hope I’ll run into him soon! :content:

Good luck!

Well the first time I tried to meet/summon my dream Guide, a blue guy appeared, chained to a wall and didn’t said a word…
But I met my dream guide again a bit later. It was a woman, she told me to sit in the couch and that she was my dream guide, then she said she would teach me how to better control dreams and stuff like that. I stayed in the couch and was listening with passion! Unfortunately I couldn t remember a lot on the next day and I think she was just saying some bullshit… ^^

Maybe I shouldn t have been too excited about meeting my DG, I may have learned more. But I m still pretty sure it can help, you ll have to try for yourself :smile:

I gave up on dream guides because every time it was someone different and their advice was always random crap that was never useful. I think there may have been one time when a guide stayed with me and showed me around that area in the dream. Personally I’ve had better experience with calling for my spirit guide and would choose spirit guide over dream guide any day!

hi, i don’t mean to derail this thread but,

What then, is the difference between a dream guide and a spirit guide?
if a DG is just a random character, waffling random bullshit, then what do you need to do to meet a spirit guide?
and can you just hear them instead of seeing them>?

i think if thats the case then, i have one, and they dont call very often… only out of the blue and not when asked :confused: why is that then?

Since a lot of you can’t seem to find or summon anyone useful as your DG, have you considered that maybe this means your subconscious is telling you that you’re better off without one?

I’ve never tried to find a DG because I don’t really want one. IRL, I learn best when I’m alone, so I’d assume it’s the same for me in dreams. I feel like I’d improve more from personal experience and trial-and-error than the verbal advice of another. I’m just far more likely to remember something I actually did in a dream than something that another DC told me.