Introducing... the LD Poster

Author  Message 
ozzie12
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Introducing... the LD Poster
PostPosted: Mon 18 Aug, 2014  Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've had this idea bouncing around in my head for quite a while--a lucid dreaming poster (or cheat sheet?) for my bedroom. Something that can serve not only as a subtle daily reminder, but also as a focus object for my meditation/dream mantras. I just finished and figured I'd share it with you all in case anyone here might find it helpful. Maybe not everyone will love the hyper-minimal aesthetic, but it's my style--I really wanted this thing to "hum", to have a special kind of quiet but powerful presence--not sure if there's a better way to say it? wink

(A couple color options--still not sure which one I'm going to use personally)

The poster has got a couple things going on-- first of all, a large representation of the Tibetan 'A', as an object of focus for meditation; a small mantra in the center of this symbol ("tonight, I will realize that I am dreaming"); a place to post-it your latest dream goals; an ideal sleep schedule; and a randomized number for reality checks. Some of those are more for fun than anything else, but I think a few of them should be helpful if you're like me and constantly forget what you're trying to accomplish in your dreams.

You could buy them on my <mod>link to vendor removed Rhewin</mod> society 6 page... OR you can download the full-res files for free here cause I like you guys smile (plz be gentle and only take what you need--cheers!)

Thanks for looking and let me know what you think!

Tggtt
Quest Doctor
cookie lover
Tggtt has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes

PostPosted: Mon 18 Aug, 2014  Reply with quote

That's amazing ozzie12, I have no words to describe it.

The post-it idea seems original, to me, at least.

Its cryptic nature should increase RC rates and help dreamers to maintain focus, well done.

Now I have an idea for another version. Perhaps if you had the background with some kind of optical illusion it would REALLY increase RC rates. But it would annoy some people, who would prefer that original version, of course.

0neironaut
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug, 2014  Reply with quote

Great idea! I really like the big Tibetan letter for some reason, and the simple design really keeps you focused on the task at hand, as opposed to some pretty, distracting graphic.

The vendor link seems to have been removed by a mod though. Can you send me it in a PM?

Current LD goal(s): Rendezvous with my twin sister; conjure and explore the worlds from my writing
Cornelia Xaos
cookie lover
cookie lover
Cornelia Xaos has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 369—19/09/09
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's got a blue background with stars, and it's a forum...

PostPosted: Thu 21 Aug, 2014  Reply with quote

This... is really cool! Like Tggtt said I think adding some sort of optical illusion to the background would be great. I wanted to make a huge poster of the Floating Rice optical illusion just cause it'd freak people out to see it up on your wall. tounge2

And I second Oneironaut; I can haz PM of vendor link? If I ever feel like getting this poster I'd love to know where to shop!

Current LD goal(s): Engage L.E.A.F. Extras for the VALGEAR.

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Koharo
Lone Wolf Brawler
cookie lover
Koharo has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 9/7/15: 106+

PostPosted: Thu 21 Aug, 2014  Reply with quote

...Original...Subliminal...I like it.

Current LD goal(s): A man in a white room, very long dreads, he resembles me..He knows somethin..

print