"Unsummoning" DCs

It’s often said that it’s either impossible or very difficult to control DCs’ actions and thoughts, but would it be feasible to devise a method to make DCs just go away? The opposite–the “summoning” of particular people–is often discussed, and widely held as plausible, but does it work the other way around? Can I “unsummon” people, make them disappear, or do I have to go somewhere else to avoid them?

It probably sounds counterproductive, but I’d really like an easy way to be alone in dreams without having to change locations. Most of the time I am, and there are only a select few people who I actually want to have around, so when others show up, it’s usually unpleasant.

My experience is that in lucid dreams, you can do whatever you trust you can do. So if you want to make your DCs disappear, just try it and trust that it will work, and it will. The hard part is believing that it will work - whenever I try some feat in a dream but doubt myself, it doesn’t work.

It will be hard to unsummon DCs if you believe that they are uncontrollable, etcetera. They’re just in your head. Let go of any preconceived notions and believe in your own abilities and it will work.

I hear this about a lot of abilities, so you’re probably right. I guess the difficulty in manipulating other people in dreams is that they’re sort of already being manipulated; they are a construction of the dreamer’s subconscious expectations, so in order to change them, one needs a good grasp on both conscious and subconscious notions. I suppose I could always just take a shortcut and hack them apart with a chainsaw, but sometimes I want even the people I care about to leave me alone, so that wouldn’t always be very pleasant.

As long as you believe that you are in control and as long as you know you are in a dream which you control there is no DC that can’t get rid off.

I do that constantly. One of the most precious examples is where I did get rid off of my best friend from WL. I was with this girl and he came yapping, yapping and yapping about some nonsense and I just took him for his arm and threw him into oblivion. I imagined this blackness in front of me and I threw him into that…

This happened in a few more dreams. Be aware of your power. Be confident. Be determined. Be whatever you wanna be…

Yeah you can do that for sure. I did it by pressing the guy by the shoulders into the ground and it was done !

But one point is quite important in any dream control :
Whatever you want to do in a LD, it has to appear at some point or disappear in this case. A really strong factor for doing something in dreams is how real it looks to your unconscious or how used you are to seing this.

For example, in real life we never see people disappear just like that. They usually leave by a door or just out of your sight. It is way more easily accepted by your dream than if you toss them in the void :wink:.
So if you find it difficult to do something in a dream, imagine how to make your unconscious say “It’s ok to happen like that, it’s probable” in a word trick yourself into believing it’s normal to do these things !

For example to make people appear in y dreams I stick my hand out in my back and wait to feel that a person grabbed it. I just have to turn around expecting to see XXX. Just a little trick to make the dream say yes :content:

However I really think that the boundries you encounter in doing anything in dreams are all beliefs related. Remind you that everything is possible if you want it.