What method did I use? And how can i use it again?

So this was my first LD ever. What happemed was, i woke up at about 3:30am to go to the bathroom, went back to bed. I laid on my left side as i always do… While imagining rolling to the left down a hill(as like a kid would do it). I fell asleep pretty fast(not normal at all for me). I realized I was dreaming b/c i was actually rolling down a hill on my side.

So I guess my question here is what method was this?
And how can I use this again to acheive another LD.

Congrats on your first lucid dream!

I’m not sure, but this kind of looks like a WILD to me. Would you say the dream began as soon as you fell asleep? Also, where you already lucid by the time you where in the dream, or did something else in it triggered your awareness?

If this is a WILD, then you can go check for practices that can help you develop an ability in this particular method. In the end you can always repeat the course of events you did to achieve this particular lucid dream. Who knows, maybe you can reproduce the same result and achieve success again. Good Luck.

Yea, i’m pretty sure the dream began when i fell asleep. I dont think i was lucid by the time i entered the dream. I feel like imagining rolling while in a conscious state, had sort of carried over into a dream state. Therefor having me realize i was dreaming.

Well this is odd, your experience bears many of the characteristics from a typical WILD, though you’re sure lucidity wasn’t attained as soon as the dream began. Correct me if I’m wrong but, I believe the dream started with you rolling down the hill. So, in a way you got lucid pretty fast. Anyway, I still suggest you go have a look at the whole WILD method. It looks like you could have particular success with it, though having problems with getting to sleep can pose a considerable challenge but, who knows.

The practice of getting up and getting back to bed is WBTB.
About the rolling imagination:
If you remember falling asleep and felt the rolling transition getting stronger and stronger, it could be a WILD.
If you just think you got asleep really fast and appeared out of nowhere inside a dream that you were rolling in it, it could still be WILD but it’s more likely it was VILD.

Regardless of that, you don’t really need to categorize the method. Just learn about others because they could be even better for you. Since you know that this works, either WILD and VILD, both with WBTB could be effective for you as well.

So i just re-read that entry in my dream journal to see if i missed anything, and noticed that i was not rolling down a hill(thats just what i was imagining). when i entered the dream, I was rolling around on the side walk in front of a train station. From what I’m reading i was lucid from the beginning.