My WBTB and WILD worked...I need a little help.

For the past month or so I’ve been trying to do WILD with WBTB method. This morning it worked and I thought I’d share.
Keep in mind I am a newbie. I recently discovered LD ((June 2014)). I have a DJ but I’ve been SUPER lazy and haven’t written much in a while ((my recall is below “OK”)). I don’t really do RC because I cant find one I like :help: :help: :help: . I say all of this to say, i’m not advanced yet. I’ve only had 4 LD so far but I think I found the technique to work ((for me)).

I woke up after 4.5 hours of sleep. I got my child ready for school but I kept getting back in the bed ((wasn’t too active)). I didn’t turn on any major lighting in the house ((only the bathroom)). I never turn on too much lighting in the room im in when doing WBTB. I know I need to stay sleepy enough to get into WILD. I laid back down after about 20 minutes of being up. I laid on my back, listened to a binaural beat I found on youtube for LD. After about 30 minutes of feeling tingles and itches, I gave up.

I took the earphones out and turned to my side. I swear it felt like a second went by and I woke up in bed ((this was actually a false awakening :dingy:)). I looked around my room and tried to get out of bed, I knew I was dreaming right at this moment. At that moment I could feel my physical body still laying on its side :confused: :confused: :confused: :help: :help: :help: I think this happened because I just entered the dream :confused: I tried not to wake up by closing my eyes tightly ((I think I panicked…lol :cry: )). The I was sucked back into the hypnagogic state. I’ve never felt the hypnagogic state like this before. I normally see lights and sparks but this time…I heard a VERY LOUD sound and I was vibrating as if I was sound :slide: . I was in this state for what seemed to be 3-4 minutes. Then it seemed as if I was sucked back into a dream. Everything moved around me but me. The sky was purple and had millions of stars in it. Then it quickly switched to the clouds and it looked like I was flying.
I woke up after that. :peek:

Was this a true WILD? Why did I get sucked back into the hypnagogic stage? How was I able to still feel my physical body while sleep…is this normal? Should I count this as a LD?

Any tips//suggestions are welcomed.

I tried to enjoy the hypnagogic state but I wanted to LD so bad. :wiske: :content:

Looks to me you had a successful WILD, congratulations! It’s not unusual to feel your physical body while you’re dreaming. You probably weren’t sufficiently stabilized inside the dream. It’s like you were so close between both the waking world and the dream world. This also happens whenever one is about to wake up from a dream.

This might also explain your problem going back and forth between the hypnagogic stage and the actual dream. Seems to me you weren’t fully consolidated inside the dream world in the beginning, so the situation became unstable and you returned to the previous hypnagogic stage. Nonetheless, this by all means is a great sign of improvement. My suggestion is that you work on stabilizing yourself in the dream world as soon as you get there, to fully cement yourself inside the dream.

As for the reality checks, it’s most useful to chose ones that require for you to think for the answer: “What was I just doing?” “Where am I and how did I got here?” Regarding dream journaling, I always take notes of the dreams I’ve had throughout the course of the night. Then, I can just go into detail on each dream later throughout the day.

Yaay. I’m super excited now. Thanks for the responds. Any tips on stabilization? I’ve tried spinning but made my dream collapse. Maybe looking at hands? How can I ignore my physical body? I felt it so much it was a distraction.

Get involved with the dream, as much as you can. If you stand and do nothing then it’s going to be hard to lose the sense of your physical body. Focus on your senses, get involved with the dream scenery, and everything inside the dream world. Touch stuff, focus on what it is that you see in the dream, what you can hear, smell, and so on and so forth. Include as many senses as you can. This way you’re sure to be pulled into the dream world and not lose the dream.

It’s like a tug of war game, between both the dream world and the waking world. The more elements you can give yourself to stay in the dream, the easier it’s to be pulled into it, the more you focus on your body, the more you’re pulled back into waking reality.

omgg ikr i try to feel myself here and now or it all just blows up cuz ur brain tryina Wake u up so u really have to feel like u know when u feel a pillow but really like feel it like squeeze it thats what i usually do it makes me get into my Dream World more and be in tune with it. :smile:

feel the walls cupboards,urself laying in the bed ur hand lol,rub ur hands together do anything to stabilize it.