Surprisingly Lucid

I have been practicing to become lucid for a half year now.
After 5 weeks of RC’s and writing all my dreams i had my first LD by using the MILD technique.
I was very euphoric!! Allthough the LD only took for maybe 4 minutes.
It could only get better now!

Next thing i wanted to try the WILD and after 3 tries during a afternoon nap i got a very short LD of maybe 10 seconds.

I was very motivated at that moment and intented to raise my effort even more. For 2 months i was very disciplined in doing RC’s all day long, meditate daily, reading about LD and every possible night i tried a technique.
For a while the WILD, but let this go because it felt to hard for me as a beginner and had no more succes in it.
Then for a couple of weeks the MILD in combination with WBTB, but no succes.
And then the SSILD for a month on almost daily basis, sometimes i got FA’s but no LD.
My dream recall became better and better, i remembered 3 or 4 dreams with ease and they were very vivid. I didnt even had to write them down the moment i waked. I also remembered them when i was at breakfast.
But still no LD in spit of all those efforts

After a while my motivation began to drop. I didnt do as much RC’s and i couldnt find the motivation to try to get Lucid by MILD, WILD, WTBT or SSILD or any technique.
The only thing i didnt lack was writing my dreams down.

After 1,5 month i wanted to try it again. I did my RC’s again and this morning i wanted to try the SSILD technique again.
And suprisingly i got a very vivid LD dream that took place in my own house and took for about 30 minutes long!!
I was even able to use kinetic to lift my tv in the air, and called someone with my iphone.
I also tried to fly, but that didnt work.
And during the dream i constantely didnt believe i was dreaming. It looked so real!
But the fact that i could breath while holding my nose closed with my hand was proof enough. I did this for 4 times just to be sure i was dreaming.
One moment my dream began to fade away, but then i concentrated and repeated to myself that this is a dream and the dream came back very vivid.
I was also afraid to go outside and do stupid things. What would the neighbors think of me if this wasnt a dream??

Anyway, im very glad this happened and im motivated again to pick this LD thing up again.
But i was also suprised that i achieved it so easy and my LD was so long, while with all the effort earlier on, i didnt had any succes at all.
Did i tried it to hard? Is it a good thing to try Lucid technique’s as often as possible or will the succes rate drop by that?
I would love to hear your experience with the efforts you do to become Lucid.

Thanks for reading :wink:

I think you may of ended up trying too hard. Its a common thing which often happens, some beginners have their first LD when they give up trying.

You can keep trying but try to stay relaxed about it while being focused. Some focus on it so much that they start to loose sleep etc etc which could end up affecting their attempts (thou lack of sleep does help others).

Its fortunate you didnt loose this dream, I’ll point out a beginners mistakes as that could of caused issues and you’d be best trying to avoid these.

The doing the same reality check over and over eg due to not being prepared to allow yourself to believe its certainly a dream, hence dont need another reality check, the rechecking could of had you loose this one as I’ll explain next

It isnt uncommmon when someone does the same check over and over as they arent allowing themselves to be completely convinced that its a dream, the reality check then due to being a little indecisive about their state, your mind than can subconsciously influence the dream and then the reality check often fails.

When a reality check fails, then often the person tends to loose their lucid state as they no longer believe they may be dreaming…

When you do a reality check, try to be very clear inside your head of what a reality check showing you are dreaming means, be clear of what it will mean to yourself even before you do the check eg if pinching nose and seeing i you can still breath. KNOW the results certainly do mean if you can breath like that, you ARE dreaming.

Try not to allow yourself to think “maybe this isnt a dream afterall and my neighbours will think me strange”. You need to learn to trust that its a dream if your reality check shows you it is or otherwise sooner or later it will lead to a loss of a LD.

Thx for the reply and the tips!

Funny thing you mention about the RC’s and the lack of trust in it.
The most striking is the fact i never use to pinch my nose and try to breath as a RC in daily life
I always try to push my finger through my hand, but that didnt work in this dream. My finger didnt go through my hand.
I also saw that the light was on in the hallway and that light was very bright. And because i read that you cant see light in a dream i was almost convinced i was actualy awake until i did the nose breathing thing.

Well anyway this will by my RC from now on and i will learn myself to trust on it. I would be very sad if i missed a LD cause of this. On the other hand i would never know this.
It truly was fortunate that i became Lucid, there were enough occassions to make my consciousness believe i was actually awake.

I’m very interested in the subject because I’m one of those who try again and again and then have a LD when I drop trying.

I think having LD has something to do with the quality of sleep, don’t you think ? When I’m very tired, I have troubles even to remember the details of my dreams, and when I’m not so tired, my dreams recall are vivid with so much details.

I have difficulty finding good RC because those I used didn’t work in my previous LD (pinching my nose, jump, count my fingers)

I realized I had an LD because of the change of my house…and inn other LD, I even did’nt know how I became lucid.

Some poeple of this forum advice me to do my RC assuming that I am dreaming. I think, as you pointed out, this is the point.

I had difficulties one too where i got “helped” out of my but soon later got struck by the realness of my LD so tried teleportinh but that didnt work tried pushing my hands through the wall in my room and that didnt work so i got struck with that omg what will the neighbors think feeling XD i regret it now i should have done other RC’s but i mean no one can achieve anything without training. Goodluck!

That book was giving you bad information on LD as its possible to dream anything. There is no limits at all to what a person may dream.

thx :wink:
Yep, i know there are some talented people who achieve LD very easy, in maybe a couple of days, but im one of those guys who has to work hard for it.

A friend of mine told me that her mom had LD almost every night during her very bad childhood. In this case it seems like a self defense mechanism of the mind to escape reality

I also truly believe a good quality of sleep is one of the most important conditions to achieve LD.
I use to try to become Lucid almost every night, even when i had short night and had to work early.

I think its a matter of building trust in your RC’s.
The same like when your going to do scuba-diving and your afraid that your oxygen mask wont work and you will drown.
Or while skydiving your scared that your parachute will fail.
You have to do it often to build up the trust and i think its the same for RC’s.
i dont have that trust yet, but eventually it will come.
One day I will pinch my nose and realize i can still breath without any doubt. I will KNOW that im dreaming and then all the crazy things start :smile: without the fear of what others might think of me

By the way… i had another LD this morning while doing SSILD again (i love that technique, its by far the most succesfull, for me that is) and i didnt even had to do a RC for it. I was talking with a girl, first she spoke english and suddenly she began to speak german. Then i began to realize something aint right here and i became Lucid!
I got my first lucid flying experience and it really taste like more!

thats nice to hear! :cool: