A Job/career for Lucid Dreamers

oh NO! i dont know any ^^

im asking, do any of you know or heard of people using lucid dreaming as a job, or as volunteering for some research of any kind?
i think most of us heard of Stephan Labarge, and i am aware there are online surveys you can take as part of some experiment.

Damn, thought you had some idea’s that’s why I clicked this thread >.<

I know some people try to be a youtube celebrity talking about their LD’s but to be honest even those people don’t have many subscribers or views.

Probably the best way would be to write your own book about it.

i think the best way would be to learn how to WILD and use that skill in a laboratory. there are people who study dreams and sleep, this could be highly beneficial.
once you can lucid dream whenever you want you can be told what to do and they will study your brain for example as you do so and how it effects the body. there were already researches with Stephan Laborge when a lucid dreamer made a sign recognizable by a machine which let them know when they got lucid.

I did a quick Google search; didn’t find any jobs for lucid dreamers specifically, but if you wanted to volunteer for research you’d have to contact a university or an institute that is studying sleep patterns, brain waves during sleep, effects, etc. They probably wouldn’t advertise it, you might just have to phone around.
Career-wise, I assume you’d have to undertake study to be a sleep scientist or study oneirology (the study of dreams) as a scientist.

Probably something involving somnology? That field of science seem closely interwoven with lucid dreaming.

Even if I can’t see how any job would be more fitting for a lucid dreamer, I can imagine that lucid dreaming can help with practicing stressful situations, for example job interviews. The increased creativity in a lucid dream state could also be useful for creative/design work. It has certainly helped me as a florist.

It would be beneficial but I am not sure this would be a good career:

1. Financial support: I don’t think that studying dreams would receive large grants and such; (but this could change, not so soon though)
  2. Invention Payout: This study itself doesn’t seem like it would be used to create an invention that lots of people would like to use (pay for). For example, sleep cycle analyzers, lucid dreaming headband/masks do not seem to be a success not even within this community;
  3. Career Advancement: Scientists do not need to be lucid dreamers to study lucid dreaming, they just need background knowledge. They would need test subjects that are lucid dreamers to make exploratory studies and to validate their hypotheses. Then, they would need a good number of lucid dreamers and this context is hard to select. Unlike The Sims™, test subjects hardly become successful scientists, they are hardly paid good money, except for dangerous testing, such as medicine testing. Also, like I wrote before, the scientists probably wouldn’t have much money to pay the subjects.

As far as my experience goes, I feel like the people that are more “lucky” for being LDers are artists/creative designers like Siiw pointed.

yes, i figured the money wouldnt be good.
what i meant though is that there is a great research of the activity of the brain while asleep and dreaming, and by being able to control your dream, this could work perfectly to figure out how the brain works, form those data… who knows what will happen.

try Oneirology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oneirology

probably the best next thing though would be the work of Stephen Leberge on lucid dreaming.
lucidity.com/