0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Page 1 of 2Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author  Message 
Qu
Mourning
ebil stars
Qu has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: lost uhm lots

Hmmm...
PostPosted: Fri 22 May, 2015  Reply with quote

*Qu entered the place and looks around. An empty sandbox. Discarded toys. A lot of graffiti on the walls, most of them wolf themed or vampire themed.
A tripping rope with a Remember The Game Sign dangling on it.

Silence...

This place used to be so busy, she thinks.

But still, this is a very nice space. So apparently it needs to be something else. Or is it still needed?

*Qu hangs up a big sign, and thinks, well I'll just ask whoever still comes here what they think about it. I hope someone will see this though.

Tggtt
Host of LC60®
cookie lover
Tggtt has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes

PostPosted: Sun 24 May, 2015  Reply with quote

I am sorry to say that Qu, but it is not the playground. Yes, it's much quieter than most places but...

Lately the rating of DJ posts over other posts has reached a very high level (no I don't have an history, but it's currently 18 out of 35 most recent posts (more than half).

We have less than 12 posts from the past 24 hours and 7 of them are DJ posts.

I have nothing against DJ posts, I am just here to point that they aren't discussion threads (people usually post it alone without external interference). I believe these are evidences that the forum is during low activity moments.

On the other hand, I suggest to let the playground threads last for longer than (approximately) one month. Deleting them too early would also discourage more posting.

Eilatan
The Lookout Rogue.
Head Scribe
Eilatan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: 十

Tggtt wrote:
I have nothing against DJ posts, I am just here to point that they aren't discussion threads (people usually post it alone without external interference). I believe these are evidences that the forum is during low activity moments.

On the other hand, I suggest to let the playground threads last for longer than (approximately) one month. Deleting them too early would also discourage more posting.

I also want to point out that the old members who use to hang out in the Waking Life section (basically the whole WG crew), mostly no longer even visit chat because they're too busy in waking life nowadays.

Newer members are drawn to the LC/DJ section because members are always around to keep the LC fresh and ongoing. We haven't had a Wolfgame in months, and we haven't had anyone posting in the Playground or in Waking Life in a long time with actual sustainable topics. It seems like new people either skim over the whole of Waking Life as a dead zone, or are otherwise overwhelmed by the vast amount of old topics they were never a part of.

Back when I first joined the place was lively with long time members, their various RP groups, long winded cloud discussions, constant WG/VG. The forum was divided with members who loved the waking life aspect and those who loved the LD aspect. Now it's shifted towards LDing without much worry about the other aspects of dreaming or how they fit into waking life.

The reason it's like this is because the people who usually maintained and upkeep the topics are busy/away/no longer visit. I don't blame them, but we need to find a way to keep the place interesting for new people, without scaring them off. notify

Edit: I think this may be a discussion worthy of the whole forum, not just those of us who walk through the Playground.

Current LD goal(s): Meet my dream guide

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

Well playground type topics used to be in lounge. Maybe returning playground to lounge would bring more life to both?

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Koharo
Lone Wolf Brawler
cookie lover
Koharo has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 9/7/15: 106+

PostPosted: Thu 28 May, 2015  Reply with quote

Eilatan wrote:
The reason it's like this is because the people who usually maintained and upkeep the topics are busy/away/no longer visit. I don't blame them, but we need to find a way to keep the place interesting for new people, without scaring them off. notify

Edit: I think this may be a discussion worthy of the whole forum, not just those of us who walk through the Playground.

*There is an sudden gust of wind. Koharo appears leaning on a rusted swing set...Upon arrival the wind dissipates.

...Second that...
Things have been strangely silent lately. Granted some factors that are out of our control like former regulars being busy IRL, but the majority of newer members don't appear to stick around for long. Wonder what's up...
How can we keep things interesting..?

Current LD goal(s): A man in a white room, very long dreads, he resembles me..He knows somethin..
Tambourine Stream
Castle builder
Somniologist

Poking my nose in as a newbie. smile

I've only been here a few days and, as mentioned previously, most 'new' posts are in the dream journal section. It's a 'dead' website (no disrespect) and I will probably move on if nothing changes. I even posted in the appropriate 'hello' thread a few days ago to introduce myself and haven't received a welcome from anyone. I don't mind that - but some newbies may find that enough to disappear for good.

It's a shame as I've been looking for a new forum and lucid dreaming is right up my street - but this forum seems sadly in decline. sadyes

Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Letaali has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Wolfgame
LD count: 101

Hi Tambourine Stream! Yes the site isn't very active. If you want quicker responses and to talk about lucid dreaming, the #ld4all irc channel is pretty good place to do that. I think the low activity has many reasons:

-The nature of lucid dreaming. It's very much a personal journey.

-Some people don't like using forums

-They lose interest in lucid dreaming

-Busy with work, school, family or all three

-People like to "lurk" and just read a bunch of posts without writing any themselves

Current LD goal(s): Reach the Frozen Planet
Koharo
Lone Wolf Brawler
cookie lover
Koharo has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 9/7/15: 106+

*Koharo exhales looking up at the sky...
Yeah...Slow threads have been a thing as of late with a number of regulars busy and all. Now that you say that its brought something to my attention that may be a factor, but its about 5am and I may just be delirious. I'll sleep on it and come back to it later if it still makes sense.

*Koharo, turning to Tambourine, nods and smiles
Thanks for your input and welcome to LD4all.

Current LD goal(s): A man in a white room, very long dreads, he resembles me..He knows somethin..
Tambourine Stream
Castle builder
Somniologist

Hello Letaali smile

Yep I understand. It's an amazing site though - and it's survived for 16 (?) years - that's incredible. I guess forum life has its ebb & flow and I joined in an ebb. I actually enjoy reading other people's dreams so I'll stick around for a while and hopefully things will pick up eventually. I'm a bit of a techie dinosaur and am not great with live chat stuff. Am I giving away my age...? wink

Tambourine Stream
Castle builder
Somniologist

Crossed posts Koharo. Thanks for the welcome. grin

Now go get some sleep. smile

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
Chat Mods

Hey Tambourine, the chat is ok smile Took me a while to be brave enough to try it (joined ld4all when I was 46) but it's worth it.

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Tambourine Stream
Castle builder
Somniologist

Thanks moogle. I tend to be quite thoughtful (or slow) and like to take my time before responding to posts ... so I think that chat would be too instant. Maybe I'll drop in at some point.

I'm delighted to see I'm not the oldest person here. I'm in my 40s. I did wonder whether I was surrounded by teens. grin1

Sorry if I've hijacked the thread and gone off topic.

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
Chat Mods

PostPosted: Fri 29 May, 2015  Reply with quote

It's playground so ok. Check out the 30 or older topic in gathering. You are not alone. draait

0neironaut
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Tambourine Stream wrote:
It's a shame as I've been looking for a new forum and lucid dreaming is right up my street - but this forum seems sadly in decline. :sadyes:

QFT. This has happened to me with every forum I've ever decided to make a nest in. :(

I'm with anybody who says we should breathe new life into dead boards before considering closing them. As for the site in general... I may be guilty of disappearing for long periods of time, but it's not due to lack of interest, and I always come back to LD4all eventually.

Also I agree with what Eilatan said about certain places feeling like dead zones. As someone who feels intimidated by piles of old threads, I do think discarding them would make the place seem more inviting and less inactive as a whole.

Current LD goal(s): Rendezvous with my twin sister; conjure and explore the worlds from my writing
moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
Chat Mods

Quote:
As someone who feels intimidated by piles of old threads, I do think discarding them would make the place seem more inviting and less inactive as a whole.

Those are the forum's history and contain tons of information.
On a side note, a lot of the older topics did get archived and can only be reached by using the archive link now. Might be time to archive more?

Page 1 of 2Goto page 1, 2  Next

print   ShareShare