EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

Lucidity Challenge 50—obfusc8 wins!

Author  Message 
Thorn
Another LD4all Dragon
cookie lover
Thorn has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 402

PostPosted: Thu 06 Aug, 2015  Reply with quote

Koharo, noted. You'll need more than that, though, to breach the top three!

The scores are updated.

Current LD goal(s): Get back into good LDing habits
obfusc8
obfuscate! :P
cookie lover
obfusc8 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Well, while I'm on a roll...

Long LD with the final dragon team task - features DragonThorn (which possibly crosses off the week 1 anthropomorphic host task too?). It's my longest ever, about 300 words more than my last longest-ever dream write-up.

I also did the skitch and turn-with-a-foot tasks from the Thorny Hawk Skater week. Also in the pre-DEILD part, big Sentinel robots (the marvel comics universe ones) were attacking a city and causing destruction whilst I was normal sized. Thorn mentioned they had to be in separate dreams, so I'm hoping separated by DEILD is good enough... smile

Last edited by obfusc8 on Thu 06 Aug, 2015; edited 1 time in total
En'enra

I remembered a post and posted in a topic on ld4all in a short lucid dream here.

Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Letaali has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Wolfgame
LD count: 118

I had a medium length lucid dream. Not much done. Some indoor flying and talking with my mom.

Current LD goal(s): Reach the Frozen Planet
Jer
Dream Analyzer
Somniologist
Jer has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: A lot

I had a medium LD , where I logged onto the internet, went on ld4all, into the lucid adventures/ LC 50 thread and remembered 2 posts.
The first post was me saying "I need to shrink" , which was probably my subconcious remembering the Ld4small tasks.
Thorn responded to my post saying "I'm sorry, I don't speak french"
Dream logic is weird sometimes lach1

Current LD goal(s): Fly to outer space.
Thorn
Another LD4all Dragon
cookie lover
Chat Mods
Scribes

obfusc8, cool to see you finish off the entirety of your team's task. With regards to the robots, there's two issues: the "separate dreams" clause, and the fact that robots and monsters might be different. If I had only one of those issues, I'd say it's in the spirit of the task and award the points, but with both there, I don't think I can count this. sadblauw If those missing points cause you to fall back to second place, you can feel free to vent by beating me up in a dream just as in the task planning document. I still say sheer size will beat fire breath!

En'enra, noted. While that could also count for LC 1 Task 1's "remember a sentence or more of text", the LC 1 scoring system would make claiming that penalize you, so I won't award that.

Letaali, noted. It's good to see you scoring again.

Jer, that's funny, because while I can't speak French well, I know enough to get around. I would at least have made that exact post in French. You can thank Eilatan for pointing out that you did LC Task 1 by doing Task 5. Due to the weird LC 1 penalty rules, you lose the early bonus for Task 5 and take a 10 point penalty for doing Task 1 late, but you also get 25 points for Task 1 to beat out the penalties. LC 1 scoring is weird.

The scores are updated, and here's LC 1 Task 6.

eMander wrote:
Day 6) Get in a car and drive it, then look for roadsigns that mention something that has to do with lucid dreaming. When you see a roadsign like this, follow the direction it tells you to go and see where you end up.

Get in a car, and start driving, but don't find anything = 10 points
Get in a car and start driving, and see a roadsign, but don't get a chance to go where it points = 20 points
Get in a car and start driving, and find a roadsign and follow it and get to where it points = 30 points

This LC's rapidly coming to a close! Get those points!

Jer
Dream Analyzer
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 07 Aug, 2015  Reply with quote

I had a nap this afternoon in order to gain more lucid points.
I shrunk down to 6 inches or less again, then I explored a model of a location specifically, a model city. It also had a model public pool with miniature lifeguards. it also had other mini buildings and houses but for some reason I remember the public pool the most vividly. After that, I left the model city and found a larger creature, a cat. I interacted with one before, so I already got points for that... but this time I climbed the creature onto its back.
Summary:
-Explore Model Location (20 points)
-Explore Model city (20 points)
- Climb the larger creature (20 points)
- Medium Length.

Wow. In order to stay in second place, I have to really put a lot of effort into having as many Lucid's as I possibly can... especially since the LC is ending soon! The competition is really tough!

Thorn
Another LD4all Dragon
cookie lover
Chat Mods
Scribes

^ You're doing well, though! I'm very impressed!

The scores are updated.

While it's on my mind, I usually try to talk with people as LCs close to find out what went well and what didn't. Would anybody be available Saturday afternoon ET? I could use Skype, Mumble, TinyChat, Google Hangouts, or whatever else.

Jer
Dream Analyzer
Somniologist

I would be up to have a chat Saturday afternoon about the LC, if you would like. I have to leave for work around 2:30 ET though.

One of the final sleeps of the LC! Goodnight. lucid

Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 19.augus

Finally some points!

In a short LD, I made a LD4All member grow into a big dragon. I saw the dragon so clearly that I could notice little hairS between the scales on his snout. He lifted me up, and we flew over the small town. The level of detail was impressive for a LD. I consider this completing my personaø goal. Unfortunately, the member Dragon isn't in the LC.

In a ND, I read A topic on LD4All. A member called 'dutchy' had received PMs from somebody who claimrd to be Qu. I opened the topic on my own screen, and saw it on both dutchy's and Qu's screen in the chatroom. It looked like the usual computer lab.

Posting here, because I only have tje phone and a slow roaming connection.

Current LD goal(s): To bring back art or a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
obfusc8
obfuscate! :P
cookie lover
obfusc8 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Thorn, I think it's you that needs to vent and kick my *** as a giant dragon, since this is obviously just you trying to get back at me for the hopping/dancing decision that would have caused a tiebreaker between you and drd at the end of the last challenge. Do what you gotta do, man. Joking

I drove a car last night. There was a road sign that said 'Obfuscation', which you obviously won't consider as a lucid dreaming sign, but it made me RC due to the personal association between lucid dreaming and my chosen username. The RC failed.

Jer
Dream Analyzer
Somniologist

I drove a car last night. Unfortunately there were no road signs or anything like that.. so I am only claiming the 10 points for driving and the 10 points for early bonus.

Thorn
Another LD4all Dragon
cookie lover
Chat Mods
Scribes

Sounds like you had a good night, Siiw! You can certainly post another personal goal for the final night of the LC. I didn't mark the LD4all topic reading as also completing the task from the very first day of the LC; thanks to LC 1's penalty system, you'd have the exact same score if I did.

obfusc8, if you complained at all (which I doubted you would), I was gonna reference that in jest. That said, if you think this challenge needs to happen, it's not like it has to be forgotten when the LC ends; I'll take you on anytime! Size will beat fire breath; you're big but not big enough! >:0 Although I'll probably do it more as play than a fight, and then we can get some giant beers or something.
*Thorn shrugs.

Jer, got it. Make sure you get some points tonight to secure your position!

The scores are updated. Now to finish off LC 1! I am again tweaking this task, as we have people who simply aren't around every day and this task penalized anybody who wasn't right on top of it. The penalty for not posting a picture has been removed.

eMander wrote:
Current task: While awake, post a picture that you found on the internet here in this topic. Then, when you sleep, attempt to visit the location that was in that picture in your dream. The picture must be posted before you have the dream.
You post the picture, and enter the location in your dream = 30 points
BONUS) You may try and gamble your points by posting 2 pictures, and then that night attempting to reach both locations in the same dream. Doing so will earn you 60 points, but if you only reach one of the locations, you will only earn 10 points, rather than the usual 30 points.

Okay, everybody, finish strong! The LCs end at 2 PM ET tomorrow! I'll be in IRC around 1 PM or so, and if enough people want to talk about the LC, we can do it then. Otherwise, there's always another time.

En'enra

Last chance to go for my personal goal...

Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Letaali has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Wolfgame
LD count: 118

Current LD goal(s): Reach the Frozen Planet

print