I think i had my first LD? but it didnt feel like one

I dreamt last night that i was at a outdoor mall walking around. While I was walking i realized randomly that i am dreaming.I dont even know what triggered it. I even did a RC and looked at my hands and decided i am in a LD! I got so excited and started running around, but consciously tried to stay calm so i wouldn’t wake up.The thing is about this dream is that it felt like a non LD dream. It felt foggy and disconnected and i can’t remember it that much. But I remember testing techniques in the dream, such as rubbing my hands together and spinning around to make to stay in the dream and make it more vivid. I did stay in the dream, but it was not that vivid and realistic as i thought it would be.
So basically…
How can have a more vivid LD?

Boom! Without question, your first LD…congratulations!! You deserve to be totally happy about that :happy:

Yes, I’ve had some similar LD’s of low energy/clarity in the beginning…and even now from time to time, though my very first one was pretty intense and clear. No worries…my experience is that clarity and energy for LD-ing gathers momentum with time.

One thing you could try is to pay attention to small details throughout your day…things usually taken for granted…like the details of and shadows associated with leaves of trees… way the sun glints of things that are shiny, like metal cars or windows or water…or noticing birds and how they fly…the sounds they make…or noticing different cloud shapes and colors…how they shine during sunrise or sunset…or if the sun is emerging from behind them. Notice the moon and stars. Try to imagine what they would be like if seen during a LD…would they appear more magical? More intense?

Just little things like that to clarify your awareness throughout the day can have a huge impact on dreaming energy/intensity/clarity.

Just speaking from personal experience, here…and, overall…I’m not that experienced…so I’m still learning too :wink: The key is self-experimentation. Also, there’s far more experienced LD-ers here that I bet can offer wonderful suggestions as well :smile:

That must be exciting.

As a novice myself, what I think might work for you, is shouting ‘lucidity times ten!’ as loudly as you can - and meaning it. Additionally, touching dream objects—rather than touching your own hands—can help you connect with the dreamscape.