Are We Experiencing More Lucidity Than We Can Remember?

I’m leaning towards—‘yes’.

If one has a 14 hour day, and 2 hours of dreams, he must average only 7 waking RC’s in order to average one per night - presumably becoming lucid when he does. (And most of us are doing more.) This could explain the apparent connection between dream recall and lucid dreams.

If this is not the case, and we are, in fact, less likely to RC during sleep, I’m wondering why that is.

It’s obviously difficult to study what we forget; so I’m trying to create a method by which we can. But my only idea is to wake up on purpose whenever one lucid dreams, or at least when the dream threatens to fade back into non-lucidity. My last two LD’s came dangerously close to this point.

I also believe we could be having slightly more lucid dreams than we actually remember.

For now, most of my LDs are in the morning, but sometimes I vaguely recall a lucid dream from early in the night. Since the memory had become quite distant by then, I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve had LDs without recall.

(Negative part, newcomers better not read :wink:)

SPOILER - Click to view

As for reality checks, I doubt that your RC frequency in dreams is proportional to that of your WL, because personally I RC often in real life but rarely do so while dreaming. This annoys me a bit, but I’m hoping to achieve consistent RCs in dreams by simply keeping up the habit for a long time, years if necessary.

If I may ask, how exactly does reality checking explain ‘the apparent connection between dream recall and lucid dreams’?

What I meant, normat, was that if we remember our dreams well, we seem to have more LD’s.

You’re probably right about your ‘spoiler’ :wink: But I’m just having a hard time figuring out why that is. (Isn’t the conscious desire to LD present in our ND’s as much as it is when we’re awake?)

I’ve had multiple NDs that would prove this. It seems like my SC shares my excitement about lucid dreaming, but it doesn’t always exactly grant me that.

In fact: just a few hours ago, I had a non-lucid dream where a friend who could enter my dreamworld lucidly and I couldn’t. This made me jealous, yet had me completely unaware that it obviously happened… in my dreamworld itself :razz:

Don’t feel bad. I had a completely normal conversation with a giant iguana, (probably inspired by an episode of Family Guy) last night in a ND.

Doing a RC never crossed my mind.

Absolutely!
I have not remembered dreams in the morning, then when I think about it later on, I remember that I actually had a lucid dream. It certainly happens, with my personal experience. I’m sure more people have lucid dreams that don’t remember as well.

I am definitively convinced that We Are Experiencing More Lucidity Than We Can Remember.
And more than that,I have repeatedly vague memories of vivid LDs (quite empty of images and action) where my abstract self was staring a glimpse of a blinding abstract light.
My intuition is telling me that there lies the out-most goal.
A goal attained within us and without us.

In my opinion it depends on the person.

For me I would say NO. LDs are easier to remember than normal dreams and I always clearly recall LDs easily.