Malignity of LDs

From time to time I’m LDing almost daily and I enjoy it, especially flying, but I have one big problem that I haven’t been able to solve for years and that’s why I’m here. So the problem is the dream is in some way working against me. For instance: I wish for pizza and I get it but it’s cold and distasteful. Or I call in some person, but his appearence is somehow wrong (he has different face or his body is missing or it’s only a skeleton). Or I want a chocolate cake and I get it but it’s hazelnut (not bad but also not what I wanted).
Is anybody having the same problem? Do you know how to change it? Or any ideas?

I can’t think of much else other than, say, if this happened to you a few times back when you were starting out with LDs, and you’ve started to on some level expect this to happen, so it happens. Same thing happens with me and always “blacking out” when I catch an LD lately.

Probably not much help. Even if that was it, it’s hard to break such habits.

Thanks for a reply but I don’t think it’s a matter of expection. It rather seems like some kind of a block or barrier and I need some technique to unblock or overcome it. I actually think the technique might be pretty easy, but as long as I don’t know it, my LDing is partly blocked.

:happy: I understand your frustration Ewanecka. I’ve just kind of learned to laugh at these anomalies…the dissonance between what I want and what I get in dreaming. Sometimes, I do get what I want…but quite often I don’t. And often what I actually get after I’ve asked for what I want…is really pretty funny in retrospect. Maybe my subconscious is just trying to keep me on my toes and laughing at the superficial part of me that wants what I want instead of wanting what I need (I’m speaking for myself, here…let me be clear. Not for anyone else :smile: ). Maybe my subconscious knows I’d become an unbearable person if I simply got what I wanted all the time. Either that, or unbearably bored :smile:

You have to refuse and say to the dream: “This is not what I want. Give me again …”. And try to stay in the dream, until you get what you asked. Its like you are in a real life restaurant in an exotic country and they can’t understand your english very well.

So I should say it aloud, right? Thanks, I’ll try that. :smile:
I have a theory according to which getting rid of this block in LDs might actually in some way improve my real life.

Dreams are the language of our subconsciousness and it has things it tries to tell us or wants to express and say and hence as its coming into play in LD. Sometimes it manifests things we aren’t consciously planning to happen. If it wasn’t manifesting itself in ways, you would loose the dream.

When things aren’t going quite right in life, the subconsciousness symbolises this as things not going right in our dreams or us not getting what we want in our dreams. If things in your real life are all great, it’s more likely you will be getting what you want in your LDs.

Also you may be trying to manifest consciously in a dream, something opposite to something else the subconsciousness wants to express or is untrue to it eg say you may want to consciously create a baby in your dream, but the subconsciousness may object to “baby” if there is nothing new in your life going on, so instead you may find you then cant create a baby in your dreams… maybe a toddler or an older child may appear instead. (a baby represents new things in life etc).

When things you don’t want appear in dreams, there are always reasons for it (which become clearer if one understands how the subconsciousness expresses itself and its language).

Probably the most common thing going wrong with in peoples LDs is they try to fly and find they cant. Two reasons for that, 1/ They cant fly in real life so this causes a block 2/Flying represents to the subconsciousness freedom and things going well in life …so if that isn’t the case that too helps create the not being able to fly block.

You can sometimes learn a lot about a person and their lives by looking at their LD manifestation failures.

Thanks for a reply, sea-dove. Unfortunately, I can’t completely agree with you. Sure, it sounds like a nice psychological explanation, but it’s too tied to symbolism. There are other aspects and processes that come into play in LDs. LDs are so much different than normal dreams. I see in my own (lucid) dreams that everything seems to be just a matter of practise, finding the right way to get what I want or do what I want. For example I was able to fly since my first LD, but it took time to find the right way to fly and to inicialize flying. What I described here in the original post is quickly getting better too, with every following LD. It seems that really focusing on the problem itself helps.