Normal Dream Challenge 11: Winner: James_UK2008!

Welcome to the Eleventh Normal Dream Challenge of LD4all!
A challenge to test and improve dream recall, quality and clarity of recorded dreams, as well as the ability to incubate non-lucid dreams. It also serves as an encouragement to read others’ Dream Journals and vice versa.

Previous Challenges

[spoiler]ND Challenge 1 - TM and Initiator: Dreamjutsu - Winner: Ysim
ND Challenge 2 - TM: Ysim - Winner: moogle
ND Challenge 3 - TM: moogle and Eilatan - Winner: MagykKatte
ND Challenge 4 - TM: MagykKatte and Ysim - Winner: Eilatan
ND Challenge 5 - TM: Eilatan - Winner: Fate
ND Challenge 6 - TM: Fate - Winner: Yev
ND Challenge 7 - TM: Yev - Winner: HeadInTheClouds
ND Challenge 8 - TM: Letaali - Winner: Bom
ND Challenge 9 - TM: obfusc8- Winner: Ysim
ND Challenge 10 - TM: Ysim- Winner: Letaali
[/spoiler]

Point Breakout
Recall:
5 points per fragments recalled
10 points per normal dream recalled
12 points per lucid dream recalled

Techniques:
5 points per chain
3 points per reality check performed

Tasks:
50 points for completing the current task
25 points for completing a late task
25 points for completing your personal goal
20 points for completing the current task while lucid
10 points for completing a late task while lucid
10 points for completing your personal goal while lucid

Bonus Points: (Awarded at the end of each task)
Up to 30 points for quality of recall

Recall Points
For every normal dream recalled, you are awarded 10 points. A lucid dream will award you 12 points. You will be given 5 points for all fragments recalled. Note that this is a change from previous challenges. Fragment points are now awarded on a per ‘night’ basis. Naps and WBTB will be counted separately.

Please put a link to your dream journal when you sign up. If you do not have a dream journal on LD4all, start one—it is a great habit. If you wish, you may create a temporary DJ in the Dream Journal forum for this challenge.

Only dreams that you have during the course of the challenge are eligible for points. If you join the challenge after the beginning of the first task, only dreams that you have after the time you join will count. It may be a good idea to make a comment in your DJ of where your first ND Challenge dream begins.

Technique Points
Chains will be counted as returning to the same or a very similar dream. For each time you awake and return to the same or a very similar dream, you will be awarded 5 points, additional to the regular recall points. There is no explicit time limit for how long you are awake in between, so feel free to write in a DJ if you think you can still manage to return afterwards. :wink: Each additional/continuation of the dream will be counted separately from the first, and you will be awarded points on recall accordingly.

Performing a Reality Check will award you 3 points, regardless of whether or not it succeeds in making you lucid. Multiple Reality Checks performed in a short time will only be counted as one. That is, you won’t receive triple points for doing three Reality Checks in a row.

Task Points
There will be five tasks. You will have seven days for each task. Completing the current task will get you 50 points. If you complete a previous task, you will get 25 points. You can complete multiple late tasks per dream.

You may also choose a personal goal, which will award 25 points upon completion. Please state your personal goal when you sign up. Once you have completed your goal, you may choose a new one.

Please note: As this challenge focuses on incubation, completing the task after becoming lucid will only award 20 points, your personal task will award 10 points, and a late task will award 10 points. This is not to penalize you for being lucid, rather it is because the ND Challenge is about dream incubation, not lucidity.

If you feel you have completed a task or your personal goal, please state which task you have completed and when you completed it.

In order to fairly accommodate varying time zones and schedules, a dream completing a task will be counted as a current task if the dream was had in a period of sleep that began before the current task closed. For example, if you were to go to sleep for the night at 21:00, and the task closes at 23:00, completing the task will count as current. I expect this grace period to be used within reason and that you will view the next task as soon as possible without disrupting your sleep routine.

Bonus Points
At the end of each task, I may give up to 30 bonus points to each participant, based on how well you recall your dreams, and the level of detail in your dream journal entries. This is meant to reward those who improve the quality of their dream recall, in addition to the number of dreams recalled.

Tasks:

Link to the scoreboard

ND Challenge 11:
NameDream Journal Personal Goal

1. Dreamjutsu … DJ … Perform magic
  2. obfusc8…DJ…Speak a foreign language
  3. Fate…DJ…Flick a switch
  4. Quicksilver21…DJ…Conjure a flame
  5. James_UK2008…DJ… Shapeshift
  6. moogle …DJ… Have a fun dream
  7. En’enra…DJ…Freefall from space
  8. DTDownUnder…DJ…See my Reflection
  9. Siiw…DJ…Remember a dream song
  10. Koal44 …DJ… Jump from a cliff into water
  11. Jer …DJ… Fly into outerspace
  12. glypheye … DJ… Visit a planet in another galaxy!

To sign up for this challenge please reply with a link to your dream journal (using the Dream Journalsection of the forum) and your current personal goal.

Dreamjutsu DJ magic, any but focus on fire, self preform.

ND Challenge 11:

2. obfusc8…DJ…Speak Japanese

ND Challenge 11:

I’m back MUAHAHAH :ebil:

Good to see you back Fate :smile:

Lol I had decent dream about Japan and did obfusc8’s personal goal last night. Japan Rocks.
Come on people, sign up! Let’s get this party started.

ND Challenge 11:

ND Challenge 11:

5. James_UK2008…DJ…Shapeshift

ND Challenge 11:

Six is good, but eight would be great! Also interested to know how many of the current participants are still up for the challenge. Let me know.

I’m game.

I’m still up for it.

:peek: it would get me typing my dreams more regularly.

Yup, ready to rock. :cool:

Alright. Well I’m glad to see four of you still here. I would like to wait until we have at least six people to start with.

ND Challenge 11:

Dreamjutsu … DJ … Perform magic
obfusc8…DJ… Speak Japanese
Fate…DJ… .Flick a switch
Quicksilver21…DJ… Conjure a flame
James_UK2008…DJ… Shapeshift
moogle …DJ… Have a fun dream
DTDownUnder…DJ…See my Reflection

Count me in.

^ Fixed. :content:

ND Challenge 11:

8. DTDownUnder…DJ…See my Reflection

Nice! :content: I think we have enough participants. I will post the first task on Friday.

Oh! And since it’s been so long, feel free to change your personal goal if you need to. Just let me know the new one.

Friday, nice. That will get me time to get stuff in order.