Please help me!

Ok so I had my first lucid dream last night… Among other things, I walked down a flight of stairs outside, just having come out of a flat, so as to get to the street below. Not knowing what would happen, I come onto the street, and see myself facing away from me. I get scared, turn away, and think, “I could be dreaming!”. I turn back and my other self is still standing there, facing away from me. I shakily do a reality test, and I am dreaming! Then, the whole scene goes a bit crazy: flashing lights, everything moving around as though it were play dough. All of the scene was as though it were in a neon craze. I have already lost sight of my other self. I wake up shortly after, but before I do, I see a castle.
The colours were mainly yellow and white, with hints of pink, red and green. I feel this is of importance, as the colours were very vivid.

I have been trying to lucid dream for a while now. I found out that I was scared of my sub-concious, as I had spirit communication and psychic experiences as a kid, and as it didn’t seem normal, I blocked out that side of myself for a long time. I have recently uncovered it through learning to love myself and being more open to myself and the world. I do have a little uncertainty on my psychic side still, but nothing like it was before, but still, the way my dream turned out could be because I am still a little apprehensive about being in the sub-concious realm.

Anywho, any thoughts or experiences or likewise on the matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
James x

Hello webanimal, and :welcome: to :ld4all:!

According to my humble experience, in order to become a good Lucid Dreamer, it’s important to learn how to control your fears/anxieties and so on.

Perhaps it would help you to face it, but facing is not required.
However, you must be ready to control your fear in case your feared past is shown and avoid it if needed, without panicking.

Panic is bad for LD control and it would probably become a nightmare (lucid or not) if you cannot control it. Please remind yourself to be calm.

Best of luck.

Ok, thank you :smile: