First Lucid Dream! (Interested in feedback)

I just signed up and I am pumped to find out that there is a community for this! Five years ago I heard about lucid dreaming and since then I’ve always wanted it to happen to me and it has finally happened. I just started researching the forums for tips and I have been doing some research online and that is how I stumbled onto this site. I will be going to sleep in a hour but I thought I would look around the site to see if I can make it happen again tonight.

The Triggers
I had some homework due tonight and I decided to take a nap before I started doing it so I would feel alert when I wake up from my nap. I should note that I fell asleep with my main ceiling light on and I had my TV on mute. That was the environment that I fell asleep too along with the ceiling fan going and a fan that blows on my face.

My best friend called me moments before I fell asleep. He was stressed out and told me he was getting a slurpee which is something we used to do when we were in high school. In high school he lived by our other buddy Andy and they used to walk to 7-11 to get a slurpee. Andy and his parents no longer live there at that house but every time I think of slurpees I think of Andys house. This was my trigger in my dream.

I hung up the phone and I fell asleep. The dream starts with me parked outside of Andys house with my best friend and we were walking from my car up to the house. We were right at the driveway when I realized that Andy no longer lives here and I must be dreaming! I immediately start to pinch myself to see if I could feel it. I felt nothing and it was so weird. I tried to pinch myself so hard that in the dream I go to a knee because I am trying to use all of my force to pinch myself.

At that moment I realize I am dreaming and I tell myself to open my eyes. This is what I said “Open my eyes, open my eyes now!” At that moment in real life I attempt for the first time in opening my eyes. My eyes open up as little as it possibly could and all I saw was a bright white light and what looked to be a something like a Chinese symbol. I had to write a paper later in the day about Chinese business etiquette so maybe that is why I saw that (I am a marketing major).

My eyes immediately shut back after the brief glimpse and my eyes then opened up as wide as they could. It was extremely difficult to make them open up as wide as they did from the middle of that dream. The only way I can compare it is the feeling I would get when bench pressing at the gym, specifically the last rep. Your arms are exhausted and you are pushing with all of your might to get the bar up and you hardly make any progress because you are giving it all you got. That is what my eyes felt like. It took everything I had to open them.

Now that my eyes are open I glance at the TV and see some FBI show going on the History channel (The TV was on mute) and I go right back to sleep. Luckily for me, I go right back into the dream and I am at the top of the stairs now inside the house with my best friend. I guess my best friend was my subconscious in a way because he was beside me in every part of the dream standing next to me. I tell him that Andys parents no longer lives in the house and he starts to freak out because we have broken into the house. I know I am in a dream and I tell him don’t worry nobody lives here and he calms down.

Next thing I know we are in the living room and I see a room filled of people from high school. Close friends that I am still friends with and friends that I was close with at the time of being in high school. I then put my right hand in front of me and point it at a friend one out of time. I then swipe left or right at a friend like you would do in tinder. If I swiped right in the air you stayed and if I swiped left you disappeared.

I see one friend that I haven’t seen in 6 years but he used to annoy me quite a bit in high school. However, I was interested to see how he was doing and I let him stay. Each time I let somebody stay they teleported to another part of the room and starting talking to somebody random. They just became part of the background when I no longer focused on them. I could only focus on the person in front of me and not the surrounding room. The person I would focus on would become clear and everybody was blurry. It was like tunnel vision.

I saw another buddy and I have been upset with him and I immediately kicked him out of the dream and I thought there is no way I am having him in this dream, I wanted it to be perfect. At this moment I realize what would make this moment perfect. I then focused on my 3 closest friends while everybody else became a blur.

SIDE NOTE
One thing in real life that I have always wanted to do is something that I think would be funny to do to my friends. I am the type of person that tells my buddy everything when I meet a girl and I have never been able to keep that secret. I always thought it would be funny if I could get a girlfriend without them realizing it and when I hang out with them in a public place, I would have her there without them realizing she is my gf. The way it would work is that I would tell my buddies “Hey you see that cute girl at the bar? I am going to walk up without saying anything to her and get her to kiss me.” I think it would be hilarious to see there faces and then I would introduce them to my gf.

Back to the dream and this is exactly what I do. In the dream I hold out my left arm like I have my arm around somebody and this beautiful blonde girl magically appears and is under my arm. I have a crush on this girl in real life and for some reason the past week she has been in two of my dreams. The first dream I had about her was the longest dream I have ever had in my life. I dream often and remember them quite frequently. So I have been thinking about this dream often.

In that dream I was on vacation with my family and I blow off my family to try and find her in town. The next day in the dream I send a text to my family saying “if I can’t find her in the hour I will meet up with them.” Luckily for me I found her and I took her on our first date. For the rest of the dream I text my family saying “I won’t be joining them at all on vacation and that I am staying with her.” The dream lasted four days and was my longest ever dream. That is why that dream stood out to me.

I still find it odd that out of every girl in the world I chose her to be under my arm. It is the third time in the last 6 days that she has been in my dream and she has never been in a dream before that.

Back to the lucid dream. I introduce her to my friends and I focus in on her beautiful white smile as she reaches out to shake the hands of the people that are the closest people that I have in my life. The moment was awesome and it is something that I have dreamed about quite often over the last ten years. In real life my friends typically have not been a fan of girls that I have introduced them too and they have always let me know that they are bad news for me before I realize that they are bad news for me . It took a couple times before I learned maybe my emotions are clouding my judgement with this girl and my friends are right! haha

I then lose focus on this moment of her and my friends and I am standing on a moving bus with my best friend. At this point I feel I can no longer control the dream and I believe my alarm woke me up for half second before I pressed snooze. I played Grand Theft Auto 5 the night before and standing on a moving bus is something that you can easily do in the game. The surrounding buildings looked like GTA and that is why that happened.

I woke up moments later to the alarm and I sat there in awe. I couldn’t believe that I just had my first lucid dream and I wanted to tell this story about my dream to people that understand and have a passion for lucid dreams. Now that I am awake that the moment of the beautiful girl meeting my friends is what I focus on the most. In the dream she was so clear and I can still see her in my head. It was an incredible moment.

I want it to lucid dream again and I want to experience different things. I want to relive when I played football and basketball in high school and hear the crowd chant my name. I want to see and my celebrate one of my closest friends get married again. I want to go on a crazy adventure that you can only seem to do in video games. I have always wondered what it would be like to be a stand up comic in front of crowd, I want to try that. And what I want most of all is to spend time with that beautiful blonde that I have a crush on.

If you’re still reading I appreciate you sticking through this novel! I have been so excited to share this experience and it was very difficult to write two papers for homework when all I wanted to do was think in silence about the lucid dream that I just had. I am interested in feedback about the dream and maybe hear some reasons that I have missed when I dreamed certain things. I am rookie and I know hardly anything about lucid dreaming so feel free to comment any tips. I am going to search the forum to learn more about lucid dreaming in the meantime. Thanks again for reading.

BroncosFan

:smile:

Lucid dreams can be sometimes easily triggered by going to sleep in ways which are not our normal habits (so we don’t fall into a normal like sleep), that’s why things like sleeping at a different time, sleeping somewhere else or sleeping on ones back when one doesn’t usually sleep on back, can all trigger off a lucid dream.

I too like doing lucid dreaming in a day time nap. If you want to LD again it’s probably a good time for you to try this on purpose next time (just don’t try too hard). You may even be able to try to recreate what occurred in this dream and help wake you up again by focusing on what did in this dream while you fall asleep. You’ll need to experiment to work out what works best for you.

I suggest to never try to open your eyes if you want to be lucid dreaming as you were fortunate to be able to get back into the dream this time and lucky to have not ruined your LD and that you were then able to get back to it.

Sounds like you did very well for your first LD.