Dream Recall Alarm Clock

Hi dreamers. Im currently keeping a journal to improve my dream recall but im having trouble. I have to set an alarm to wake me up for work. When i wake up i have a faint idea of what i was dreaming but the alarm startles me and by the time ive turned it off i can only recall fragments. Does anyone have any tips or should i just keep doing this and eventually my memory wont be affected by the alarm?

Personally I’ve found that a less jarring/startling alarm works better for recall. My android phone has a smart alarm setting that fades in slowly and has a selection of soothing rain/birdsong/serene gentle type music choices.

After a minute it then goes on to whatever song or music you pick, at a higher volume, just in case you are really deeply asleep and the soft stuff didn’t do the job of waking you up. :smile: So you could try something like that and see if it works for you. It came pre-installed on my phone, but there must be other apps that do the same job.

There are some watches that have vibration/silent alarms. Not tried them, but that could be another option.

Thanks alot. I have a samsung galaxy and never knew about this setting! I will try tonight.