"Fitting" lucidity with close people. How?

Well, I think most people here knows the reaction of normal people to LDing. If you tell it’s is possible to do it and some people can, the best answer is “wow, this sounds cool, I would like to do it, maybe I search about it later” (very improbable) and the worst answer could be “what the **** are you talking about? Stop saying ****”.( **** means bad words).
In the other hand, to tell people you do it, the best answer could be a “Are you serious? Hum, this is a little weird… Is this really true?” and you explain and the person can get a little interested (VERY improbable). It could happen with a close person of you, that understand you and is open-minded ( sorry if I invented this word I don’t know), but I think it’s almost impossible with any other person.
The worst would make the person never truth you again, thinking you are a big lier/ nuts, because you are not interesting and lie about what you do to people like you ( i knew people like this; it’s really annoying). This avoidment of people to explore mental states is really bad.
I really think that the people I know wouldn’t react well. But, maybe, with the certain aproach, I could tell about it (LDing and what I do) and they understand.
Well, noboby I know (IRL) knows about LDing, but I know it will not last forever. What will happen if my father discover I’m doing something and requires explanation, or when I have a girlfriend or something like that? LDing requires time, and I am busy with people (I mean, I am with people a good quantity of time as normal people) , so I can’t lie forever. Besides, my father and my friends are starting to suspect that I’m doing something.
I think that maybe there is somebody here who already was in the same situation. So, could you tell me how you solved the problem of fitting LDing with (close) people? How [/i]did you tell it?
I have no more ideas, and I wouldn’t like to stop LDing or people don’t like me.
Thanks for the help,
Sponchi

I go softly softly … mention it’s about knowing you are dreaming while in the dream and that once you know you can change the dream.
I get 3 reactions

1. I know about it! I’ve had lucid dreams [or I’m trying to have them]
  2. That’s interesting.
  3. A slightly weird look and change of subject. :spinning:

Usually, the best way I do to approach people with LD is to tell them they can have dreams like in Inception. Then again, most people tend to think “This is cool !” but forget about it later. I actually know only one person outside of the Internet, and I believe it was due to the movie Inception.

If it’s because you’re afraid they’ll think you’re a fraud or something like that, they tend to have very specific conditions to join/do what they want you to join/do in order to force how “special” you are, so just explaining that anybody can do that, with patience, a little bit of motivation and excercices reassure them.

Thank you Moogle and Vergil ! very helpful
:happy:

at first I was asking me how to live with close people when they know you do LD, but now I see that’s a question too much vague, it varies with the person. I will try what you said when I have to.