Reasons that help us to lucid dream

Hello
I was wondering, if the reasons why we want to have LDs will help us to induct the LDs. In other words, what do you think, is it harder to induce LD to a person who is trying it out for fun (than to somebody, who takes it very seriously?) Or it doesn’t matter?
So… is it better to take LD easy? Or should we concentrate on it intensively?
I think if a person takes it too seriously, he/she might be afraid of not being able to induct LD - which might lead to a failure… What do you think about it?

And what are your reasons, why do you want to lucid dream?

I think that the motivation can be an help to lucid dream. :smile: But maybe a too intense motivation can be the cause of an excess of emotions. So maybe the little motivations like having fun, flying, doing magical things etc, or the big motivations if we are able to control our emotions.
For exemple, I wanted to try the challenge of october which was going to the futur or the past. I wanted to see a futur that I could see one day in my life. But I couldn’t. I didn’t try to do this challenge because I was too afraid of meeting me in my dream. How could my dream show me in the futur ? I will see my futur job ! Maybe I will be dead ! I’m so scared ! :sad: I don’t want to know my futur. After, I wanted to try the past, in order to meet me when I was 11.

In fact, I have the impression of having lost a part of myself during this time and I think that I could find it by meeting myself in the past. It’s one of my reasons to lucid dream. My first reason was to have fun and it’s always the principal reason. But maybe the other reasons are like that : do by lucid dream what I can’t do anymore in the real life. I want to find myself, I want to excuse me to a friend I can’t see now, I want to thanks someone, I want to say goodbye to my dead grand-parent, I want to see again my dead little cat, I want to free me from my past… But I’m so scared ! Lucid dreams are just dreams, they must not be real. :cry:

snif.

double snif.

But usually, my reasons are to have fun !! :content: [/i]

I believe the way I construct my day, minimising routine and maximising ‘remember-worthy’ experiences, helps me have more intense/meaningful dreams which I can easily recognise.

Beeing able to control your expectations also helps.

Of course you have to be motivated too, at least enough to care about your self awareness…