Time travel lucid dream do try this for me

A while ago in fact a very long time ago in 2011 I became obsessed with wanting to go back to the 90s. I posted billions of ‘how can I time travel’ on magic sites like SpellsofMagic. They’re very close minded and debunked everything however this one person named WindyOne taught me this Lucid dream method where you become conscious in a dream and use this method to change the past. I never tried it but I showed it to a friend and she changed the past because at her school someone sexually abused her and she managed to avoid that person. I am sort of apprehensive because he has only told a few people and now I’m posting the secret online. It half feels disrespective to him and half I’m scared of people trying it and debunking it… however here it is. Do try it out for me:

1. become conscious in the dream i.e lucid dream/astral travel/hypnagogic state
  2. ‘Go to sleep’ in your dream.
  3. ‘Go to sleep’ again
  4. You will see a tunnel and at the end of the tunnel there will be an altar. Go to sleep here.
  5. You will see two doors. Pink is past and red is future. Say a date and go through the past or future door.

Re: whether it’s just dream or real time travel I don’t know I only tried it once and chickened out before I got to the doors but my friend seems to think it’s real and dream travel. Try it out for me and tell me how it goes.

I get that this ritual means a lot to you,
but you know that since you are lucid dreaming,
you can just spawn a time machine and hop into that

i’ve time traveled before
it’s pretty easy.

For real, I think you could use it to change your memories of the past but I don’t think one would be actually able to change the past, not like that at least.

Think about it: “the consequences could be catastrophic” if anyone could change the past. And if the past has been changed how could you notice the change outside it?
One cannot prove it, though we could have a precise experience of it: consider that you want to change the past. While there you have some false memories that make you believe that something ‘A’ actually happened but it hasn’t happened in reality/your timeline. Then after you wake up you could believe that you managed to avoid the happening of ‘A’ changing it into ‘B’. But since it happened before did time travel, perhaps ‘B’ was always the “actual reality”.

Bottom line: I think you should try it mostly for fun. Maybe you can use it to recall some nice event you have forgotten. Do not be obsessed about changing things.

In case anyone succeeds time travelling, remember to post here. :peek:

[spoiler]

Is this poetry?[/spoiler]

Anyway, if I sleep long enough, it’s like I have time travelled to the future. (Yes this sentence is a joke.)

This technique you’re describing reminds me of something I read in Castaneda’s book The Art of Dreaming. There it is explained that once lucid you have to get into the same sleeping position as when you fell asleep in the first place. Then you go to sleep again. Turning lucid the second time you would have “total perception”.

I never tried this. I tend to be very active when lucid :woo: I never considered going to sleep in a LD

But now I am curious… Anybody ever went to sleep in a LD? What happened? Did you wake up or end up in a different dream?