EN \ NL \ FR
Current Wings Quest 116
Interview!
print ShareShare 

Resistant Starch: Is It A Useful Lucid Dreaming Aid?

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
Praxis99
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: Many

Resistant Starch: Is It A Useful Lucid Dreaming Aid?
PostPosted: Wed 02 Dec, 2015  Reply with quote

By pure happenstance I very recently came across a comment elsewhere on the net extolling the virtues of ingesting resistant starch (such as potato starch) with respect to so doing generating vivid dreams and lucid dreams (as well as offering other potential health benefits).

It caught my attention since some of the most vivid periods of lucid dreaming I can recall where in my 20's and 30's where I was intermittently using a resistant starch supplement but never considered any sort of possible connection between the two until now.

Now in my 40's while I still have regular lucid dreams, only infrequently are they as vivid and 'solid' as they used to be.

I've done some brief research on RS generally and also with respect to its possible assistance in helping generate more vivid dreams and lucid dreams and am persuaded enough to 'experiment' and see what happens since its cheap to buy and easy to obtain from health food stores and the like.

The recommended dose appears to be in the range of 10-30 grams per day, ideally starting low and gradually building up since some people report headaches and stomach upsets from using the same.

I'd be very interested to hear back from anyone who has tried using RS for this purpose, such things as:

- What's your opinion re its overall efficacy? Useful or not?
- Are your dreams and lucid dreams more vivid and frequent?
- What 'dose' level was effective for you and what time of day did you take it?
- Any unwanted issues experienced such as headaches and stomach upsets
- Any 'tips' you'd like to pass on re using the same for this purpose.

Once I've had some time to 'experiment' on myself over the next few weeks I'll post back my own thoughts and feelings.

Current LD goal(s): To have regular, longer and more vivid lucid dreams
Praxis99
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Tue 22 Dec, 2015  Reply with quote

Quick update on my experiences to date. I started with 10g of potato starch and since this caused no problem I've increased it to 20-30 g.

Likewise this is not problematic re side effects (gas and bloating) so long as taken not before or after a main meal, if so in my experience while not unpleasant not the best either.

The best time I have found to take it (with no unpleasant effects) is on an empty stomach first thing in the morning when I habitually drink a pint or more of water before hitting the shower.

Taste wise its quite neutral tasting though you'll need to give it a good swirl with a spoon as you drink it since it will 'clump' otherwise (a good sign incidentally since it shows its definitely potato starch not potato flour you are using).

Problem is from a lucid dream or vivid dream perspective later in the day (as in just before bed) seems to be better from what I've read but this leads in my experience to 'rumblings' in my 'tummy' that make using it at that time a non starter at least for now.

With respect to dreaming one thing I have noted is my dream recall seems better and at times the hypnogogic state has felt more like a cinema screen running in front of my eyes waiting to be just jumped into. However the quality and overall vividness of my dreams (and lucid dreams) has not changed.

I will continue to experiment and will let you know my further thoughts and feelings a month or so down the line.

Love to know any fellow experimenters views too. Happy dreaming!

Praxis99
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 30 Dec, 2015  Reply with quote

In the last few days I've started to experience some unwanted effects which I feel are probably down to taking the resistant starch. Without getting too scatological some changes in bowel habits!

I think I upped the dose taken to 30 grams per day too quickly so will now leave off taking the same and allow my system to 'normalise' and then start again on a very low dose (1 teaspoon as opposed to 3 table spoons a day and work up very very slowly). I'm not doing this just for vivid dreaming since I want to investigate the potential health benefits of doing so as well so am not prepared to give up on it yet.

With respect to dreams well they've mostly remained the same though I have had at least one very vivid lucid dream which had all the hallmarks of an OBE, vibrations, humming and a sensation of spinning. It wasn't by the way since I checked my ' bed' (in the hope of seeing me lying there) as I drifted away and I was nowhere to be seen! The lucid dream that followed was not entirely pleasant but vivid nevertheless.

Indeed I've noted a few times recently that when lucid I am encountering dream characters who are unusually belligerent or just unpleasant which is not the norm for me. For example I ask a dream character getting a little too close for comfort (its like they want to stick to me like glue at times) what my name is and they respond that it is "too horrific for words".....Charming!

I'll not post again re this subject for a few months, after which I'll do a new post where I can hopefully be more definitive at least as things relate to myself.

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare