How do you remain motivated to lucid dream?

Whenever you start losing the urge whenever you wake up from an unssuccesful attempt, how do you stay motivated?

I remind myself that there is always another night.
There are always going to be nights without a LD. If you aren’t having many LDs, just keep trying. They will come with time.

You just gotta keep at it. Stay focused. Write all the dreams down. ALL THE DREAMS! It helps. Get involved with something like the LC. Tell your friends about your dreams. And know that, like DTDownUnder said, there will always be another night. If you keep it up you’ll start having lucid dreams more and more. :smile:

What should you do if your dream recall starts to deteriorate? For the past tow days, I haven’t been able to recall my dreams correctly and I’m worried this might effect my chances

[color=orange]Sometimes it just happens naturally, however there are a number of things that can contribute to this. A few that come to mind are:
-Inconsistent sleep schedules
-Sleep deprivation
-Stress
-Sometimes not logging in your DJ (SC may deem it irrelevant)
-Losing interest/motivation/focus

It may effect your chances, but at the same time lucids can also happen at the most unexpected times. You’ve got it just keep at it.[/color]

Thank you all. But I think the thing is, no matter how many times I tel myself to lucid dream, part of me like a lingering thought feels like its never going to happen or it way too good to be true. Whenever I daydream what I want to do, this feeling lingers on. I really want to displease it and genuinely believe I can do it.