sleep paralysis

hi! im new here :smile: I experience sleep paralysis
often. But mine is I don’t see scary demons and
those kinda of things, I can only see my room
and the things that are exactly on the same spot.
Sometimes I experience vibrations during
my sleep paralysis and I try to wake my self when I
start to experience the vibration. It’s like your body
is going to tear apart. what is it that I am experiencing?
Is it lucid dreaming? please answer :smile:

Hi, and welcome to LD4all! :welcome:

That is usually what sleep paralysis is for me, too. It simply means that we are half asleep. Many people say that it is easy to enter a lucid dream from this state of sleep paralysis. The vibration is a common hallucination while falling asleep, probably even more common than seeing people or hearing sounds.

Lucid dreaming is simply knowing that it is a dream. Sleep paralysis like this can be turned into a proper lucid dream through the WILD technique, where you stay conscious through the process of falling asleep.

I experience the vibrations too, like Siiw says they are a sensory hallucination (somatosensory?) although others would tell you it’s your astral body and you should use it to AP. It does somewhat seem like a secondary energy body overlaying your physical body but I digress. I quite enjoy the sensation and every time I SP now I am never afraid, I actually get excited because it means I can use it to enter a LD.

Yeah, agree with both Siiw and Aeon…the body vibrations, sometimes very intense and sometimes more subtle, are a common phenomenon associated with SP. And, as Aeon suggests, for me they are a very welcome phenomenon (as is SP) because I know that, when I experience them, I’m very close to a WILD :smile:. I become inwardly happy/excited when I experience them…though try to remain calm and impassive so as not to “scare” the phenomenon away. See? Now I’m more worried about scaring it, than about it scaring me LOL