Dream foods

do you know any food that increase lucid or very vivid dreams. do you know any foods that help with your dream recall? because i searched on the internet but i didnt find much. i once noticed a website that said apple juice worked. i took 2 glasses of biological apple juice that day, and i remember the dream (normally i dont remember much) and it was more vivid. do apple juice really work? because for me it does.

but i dont want to drink apple juice everyday :tongue: so do you know other dream foods or drinks that increase dream recall, vividness or lucidness? please tell me :content:

Dear LucidMe,
For me, eating a banana every day really helps. Also, a tablespoon of mustard before bed does wonders. It gives you amazingly vivid dreams sometimes because of the melatonin in the mustard seeds. You could also try cherries or cheese. I personally do not take dream supplements in the form of tablets (e.g. choline), I prefer dream foods. A general rule of thumb for all lucid dreaming (and dream foods) is: if you believe in it, it works. Remember, it’s all in your mind. Good luck.

thanks oneironautilus, im going to try the banana and maybe cherry’s, it sounds good (i dont really like mustard and i hate cheese so thats not gonna work ahah)

I used to strongly believe that large amounts of fruit juice caused lucid dreams, so it worked well for me. Interestingly enough, I am getting more lucid dreams in the last week or so. Apples and apple juice is very cheap around here now, and I eat 2-3 apples and drink several glasses of juice or smoothie every day. It could just be the subconscious memory causing it though.

This may have been just a one time thing, but last night I had a cup of coffee a few hours before bed. When I couldn’t sleep I took a small tablet of melatonin and had on of the longest and clearest LD’s I’ve ever had. Maybe the caffeine was making my mind more active than usual or something.