Waking life is becoming less exciting

Dear people and recurring dream characters,
The last few weeks I have noticed that during the day, I do not find the things I do daily as exciting, and I long for returning to the dream world. I am constantly trying to sleep longer (sometimes 12-16 hours per day) to escape waking life. Is this normal, and are there any of you who have this problem too?

Hello Oneironautilus,

I know that sometimes the walking life may not be like we wish. Lately I have had a few stressful days that I wanted to sleep instead of working.

However, if you are really sleeping for that long, you are clearly on the path of addiction. You should find more things to do in your walking life to balance this.

Sleeping for too long is not a good sign.

I hope this helps.

I would say this is just a phase you are going through and soon enough you will come out of it. I say this because the same thing happened to me for a while but there is one constant in life and that is change. Things will change whether you want them to or not. Something will come along that will either change your way of thinking or take away the amount of time you can dedicate to sleep.