Ideas for me to becoming lucid/aware

Hey guys, it would be nice if any of you would give me ideas or suggestions on things I could do to become lucid. So lately, I have been having way too many false awakenings but in a very weird type of way. Let me explain, so I wake up(falsely) check my phone and notice it’s… let’s say 4pm. I can’t believe its actually 4pm but I don’t become lucid, and it’s almost like watching a movie. Next thing you know, I fall back asleep and wake up(this time in real life) and it’s no where near 4pm. Any ideas on habits/reality checks I can do to train myself?

If this happens a lot then make a habit of doing an RC every time you wake up. While doing the check believe that you are still dreaming - rather than confirming you are awake, you are confirming this is a dream.

Another way could be always double checking the time. So check the time, look away, expect the time to change, (tell yourself you are dreaming) look back at the clock. The numbers will change.

Good luck! :smile:

I did exactly what you mentioned today without RC. I looked at my phone, looked away, looked back at the time and it had letters and numbers where the time should be. But somehow my dream was a blur from there and I woke up??