Fail to LD and External environment

Hi everyone,

I have a few troubles recently to Lucid Dream. Until 6 Months ago I could do every month 3-4 LDs, and I was improving all the time. Then I went to the south of China (from Europe). Since then, I have had only 3 Lucid Dreams. Those Lucid Dreams were not really long and were not planned (WILD and MILD aren t working for me at the moment…).

Right now I have the several issues:

1. I had a few personal problems this summer (solved since then)
  2. I am sleeping less than before: 7-8 hours a day against 9 before.
  3. I am sleeping on the floor or on a quite hard bed (vs a soft bed before).
  4. It is freaking hot all the time and I don t have air conditionner (AC). With AC it wasn t that good either as it made me often get a cold.
    Additionnal Point) I went back to Europe for 3 weeks this summer and had no LD.

I used to sleep on the back to WILD but now, after 5-10 minutes I still cannot get to LD (because of 3) and 4) ), so I move and fall asleep.

Nothing to say about 1) and 2) as I know here that I should sleep more and that happiness helps to LD.
Do you think that external environnment and feelings have a big impact on Lucid Dreaming?

Any other idea how to get my LD skills back?
Thanks for your input!

For #4 have you tried sleeping naked, or with a thin cotton sheet if you share accomodation? You coudl try a fan directed over you while you sleep so that at least there is some air movement. It makes a difference.

As for #3 and WILD - you don’t have to lie on your back. Just lie in a comfortable position.

I would also suggest reading up on alternative LD techniques and try something new. Especially if your personal circumstances have changed or you are recovering from a stressful time. Dont think “oh this used to work, why doesn’t this work anymore?” etc etc. Try new things. Experiment. Think of it as a new chapter of your life and keep moving forwards. :content:

Well as you noticed, I have succeeded with a new Technique. :happy:

Thank you for the support! I hope I m going to get better again now :smile:

And for #4 yes I tried but then it s just either too hot or too cold (window is open => just a bit of wind and it gets cold :meh: ), anyway now, I have no personal issue, a bit more space in the bed and a better Cushion as well. Everything together might help :smile: