WILD in the third person?

Hi everyone,

Ok so I thought I would give WILD a try so I stayed completely still and concentrated on staying aware. After a while I saw swirls of light patterns which quickly turned into a dream scene… except it was in the third person. While I was aware that I was dreaming, I could not directly control the dream at all. It was like I was watching a movie while knowing I was dreaming. I felt very distant from the dream like I had no influence. Basically the dream was about a girl who traveled to a different time. Somehow she knew she had traveled to a different time so she went on an online chat room to see if her old friends were still there but her texts came out as gibberish. Her post dates read year 3000 so I guessed she traveled to the future. Anyway right after that, the dream scene suddenly changed and the girl was now in a restaurant where she met with a man she used to know who was now currently working in this restaurant, only now this man seemed more wise, successful and better looking. The whole time it was like I was watching through an invisible barrier that I couldn’t go through. I was observing but I wasn’t a part of it if that makes sense.

Ultimately what I would like to know is would you consider this a successful WILD?

Is this what your lucid dreams usually are like?

If it was my dream, I would consider it half successful. For me, a WILD has three stages: First being aware of both my body and random images, then watching a scene, then being in the scene. What you describe is what I call the second stage.

I recall that I usually had full control over my lucid dreams when I was more active.

I must’ve been in the second stage then. Although I’m still pleased since it was my first attempt at WILD in a long while. I’ll keep practising and one day I’ll make it to the final stage of WILD hopefully.

:happy:

No worries! Dreaming in 3rd person is common, although it personally annoys me because I get lucid more easily the more “ego” I hang onto, so if I dream as though I’m reading a novel, or watching a movie, or I am not myself but only watching myself…then it’s more difficult. Some onieronauts manage to get lucid just fine, even use 3rd person as their cue to reality check.