How to surrender lucidity?

Hi. I’m new here so my apologies if I posted this in the wrong place. Anyways, I would like to experience non-lucid dreams for the sake of the experience, perhaps a more immersive experience. If anyone has any advice to share, it would be much appreciated.

Hi, and welcome to LD4all! :welcome:

I can’t give you a concrete example of how to revert a lucid dream to a non lucid one, but I can give you examples of what usually has that effect on my dreams. Also, because staying lucid takes a certain mental effort for most people in most LDs, simply letting yourself “fall asleep” could work.

Walking, driving, or taking public transport for more than a few seconds usually destroys lucidity for me.

Conditions that deprive me of sensory impressions, for example floating on water and watching the stars, have ended several lucid dreams.

Closing my eyes can sometimes ruin the lucidity instead of creating a new dream scene.

I have, a few times, dreamt that I have fallen asleep. This as often resulted in a FA that hasn’t been lucid.

I hope some of this is helpful!

Thank you for the welcome and reply. For me, I’ve been mostly lucid since age 5, and completely lucid all of the time since around age 10, which was around 20 years ago. Lucidity requires no effort for me. At this point I simply inherently know whether I am asleep or awake, possibly at least in part due to the stark contrast between the 2. Heck, I even retain lucidity while falling asleep and throughout nrem sleep.

I suppose it’s like watching a horror movie, and inherently knowing it’s just a movie. Then I try to convince myself it’s not a movie, which obviously fails because I can see the screen right there.

(I will put up a more helpful post later, I just felt like sharing this.)

I’m about to leave my house to go to the beach, I haven’t done what i’m going to do tonight for almost a year.

This Evening I will be going to a secluded beach to watch the sunset while in the water. I have been chasing the green flash.

After sunset I plan to float until all I can see is stars.
This is the most relaxing thing I have ever found.

Ill post more soon, but for now, i’m too distracted to think strait.

ok, that was crazy.
I ended up 500km away from home, and came within half a second of death, twice.
But i’m home now so I will continue will the rest of my post.
(sorry for doing that, sleep dep does strange things)

Anyway, about how to “surrender lucidity”,
As a kid, I remember having dreams I couldn’t wake up from.
I would have complete lucidity, and I would wander for what felt like hours, the entire time wishing I was awake.
My parents didn’t help at all, as they didn’t understand the problem.
After some time, I figured out how to wake up.
The only way for me to end the dream, was to stop trying.
I found that if I walked, without direction, and without trying to do anything, I would eventually fade into the dream, and I would wake up.
I don’t think I stopped dreaming when I did this, but I stopped remembering the dream. And if you can’t remember something, from your POV, it never happened.
Looking back, I am now glad that I never discovered the power of an LD back then, from what I can tell, you did, and now you are stuck?

I hope this helps in some way. I remember having something more to say a few days ago, but I have evidently forgotten it.

How do you watch movies and get immersed into the story?

Wow never heard of someone who had problems to wake up if he wanted to. That sounds really scary and i never want to be in this situation. Luckily it was just in your childhood :smile: