Llaca Night Life!
print ShareShare 

How to open your eyes once you're lucid

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
ashtontedlock

How to open your eyes once you're lucid
PostPosted: Sat 05 Nov, 2016  Reply with quote

Last night I was dreaming that there was an "ice spill" (I know its weird) and me my friend and apparently my two soccer coaches were at the river helping clean up. I fell into the water, and I couldn't get back to shore. A wave hit me and flung me up, and then another wave hit me and flung me 20 feet into the air. While in the air I finally realized I was dreaming for the first time in my life! However, for some reason my eyes closed (I don't remember when) and I pinched my nose and I could breathe in. I remember hearing that excitement many times prematurely ends lucid dreams, so I took deep breaths. But when I went to open my eyes I guess I opened the, in real life because I was awake on my bed. How can I open my eyes in my ld without opening them in real life?

Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Letaali has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Wolfgame
LD count: 110

PostPosted: Sat 05 Nov, 2016  Reply with quote

You have to realize that you don't need to open your eyes in a dream, you are not actually using your eyes after all.

Last time I had this issue, I made the darkness part of the dream. I believed that the darkness was a bubble around me. Then I just floated out of it and I could see.

In another lucid dream I got watery eyes, which hindered my vision. Just telling myself that nothing can actually block my vision in a dream helped.

Current LD goal(s): Reach the Frozen Planet
GenghisKhan
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
GenghisKhan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Sun 06 Nov, 2016  Reply with quote

Other solutions that quickly come to my mind:
- Imagine a switch before you, activate it and there will be light !
- Put on your light-amplification goggles
- Open a door and go outside in a beautiful sunny day

In general, LDs are the land of imagination, just wish for something to happen, and it will become "reality"

EllyEve
This is not an apple
Dream Deity
EllyEve has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 20+

Re: How to open your eyes once you're lucid
PostPosted: Sun 06 Nov, 2016  Reply with quote

ashtontedlock wrote:
I guess I opened the, in real life because I was awake on my bed. How can I open my eyes in my ld without opening them in real life?

Oddly, I can't close my eyes in an LD. Okay, technically I can, but anything I think about that's an image then becomes something my dream body can move into and about in. So, maybe that: when your eyes are closed, think of it not as "blocking out the dream world" but as a potential world in itself, that your mind can make have some light and color, texture, space, that sort of thing. I hope this helps!

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare