EN \ NL \ FR
Train your lucid dreaming skills:
Join the LD4all Quest and earn your Wings!
print ShareShare 

The Cave

Page 1 of 2Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author  Message 
Fate
Solitary
Dream Deity
LD count: 16

The Cave
PostPosted: Fri 13 Jan, 2017  Reply with quote

You stand in front of a cave. Its gaping maw extends into a dark abyss inside, but something you are looking for is in there. You are here just by yourself, your wits and your backpack.

What's in the cave that you seek?

DTDownUnder
Sunset Chaser
Somniologist
DTDownUnder has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 70+

PostPosted: Mon 23 Jan, 2017  Reply with quote

"I seek the key to the memories of the past"

"What must I do to find it?"

Current LD goal(s): Help Letaali by reaching the frozen planet, by finding out it's name and place.
Fate
Solitary
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed 25 Jan, 2017  Reply with quote

DTDownUnder wrote:
"I seek the key to the memories of the past"

"What must I do to find it?"

You can remember your life, but you feel there is a part of it missing. There is a tugging feeling in your mind that to learn it all, you have to enter the cave. The abyss invites you in.

You accept the invitation.

The damp walls are illuminated by the light of your torch. You can feel a draft going inwards, so you follow. Eventually you find a skeleton of an unfortunate soul who has long passed, there is a backpack still attached to the skeleton, as it was still wearing it. What do you do?

Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Letaali has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 94

PostPosted: Sat 28 Jan, 2017  Reply with quote

To make sure the skeleton doesn't suddenly come back as undead, I crush the bones and burn them with my torch.

Current LD goal(s): Reach the Frozen Planet
DTDownUnder
Sunset Chaser
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sun 29 Jan, 2017  Reply with quote

I carefully examine the backpack, first by turning it over with a stick, and then by picking it up, it seems heavy.

I consider the fact that if it is booby trapped, and rigged to blow once opened , I would be dead before I had a chance to notice it, as the size of this passage would contain and amplify any kind of blast, magic or mechanical.
Maybe I should write a note to warn others? For if I die my own backpack may be altered in a similar manner, therefore setting the same trap for the next seeker.
I think I may be overthinking the whole thing.

After a few to many minutes of contemplation, I open the backpack slowly, keeping the opening facing away from me, just in case.

Current LD goal(s): Help Letaali by reaching the frozen planet, by finding out it's name and place.
Fate
Solitary
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jan, 2017  Reply with quote

DTDownUnder wrote:
I carefully examine the backpack, first by turning it over with a stick, and then by picking it up, it seems heavy.

I consider the fact that if it is booby trapped, and rigged to blow once opened , I would be dead before I had a chance to notice it, as the size of this passage would contain and amplify any kind of blast, magic or mechanical.
Maybe I should write a note to warn others? For if I die my own backpack may be altered in a similar manner, therefore setting the same trap for the next seeker.
I think I may be overthinking the whole thing.

After a few to many minutes of contemplation, I open the backpack slowly, keeping the opening facing away from me, just in case.

As you move the backpack, you detect movement inside. You prepare for the worst, but from the opening run out a couple of rats, looks like they made themselves a warm nest in there. You explore the contents of the backpack, but find nothing of interest - except for a small pocket inside the pack. In that pocket you find a small key with a very intricately designed head and spine, almost as if it looked like a skull attached to a spine.

You decide to take the key and move forward.

Not soon afterwards you notice that the rough surface of the cave seems to have man-made modifications to it - it feels smoother and there are small decorative engravings on them. In a few minutes you reach what seems to be a dead end.

After careful examining of the location, you find a small keyhole in the front, left wall and right wall.

What do you do?

Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jan, 2017  Reply with quote

My reply was ignored. sadblauw

I examine the key and the keyholes on each wall. If the key looks like it has been used a lot, one of the keyholes should show that as well. If the key seems unused, it's probably for a good reason, considering it has a skull. Wait...is this key magical? I hold the key against my forehead and try to sense if it's enchanted.

Fate
Solitary
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed 01 Feb, 2017  Reply with quote

Letaali wrote:
My reply was ignored. sadblauw

I can only choose from one answer smile

Letaali wrote:
I examine the key and the keyholes on each wall. If the key looks like it has been used a lot, one of the keyholes should show that as well. If the key seems unused, it's probably for a good reason, considering it has a skull. Wait...is this key magical? I hold the key against my forehead and try to sense if it's enchanted.

You examine the key and the keyholes - all seems pristine, not a single scratch on them. You fail to notice anything magical about the key. You do feel the key pulling towards the centre of the room though, where the distance between you and all the keyholes is equal.

Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover

PostPosted: Wed 01 Feb, 2017  Reply with quote

Well I have no idea why the key is being pulled towards the center of the cavern. I'll let someone else take the next action.

DTDownUnder
Sunset Chaser
Somniologist

PostPosted: Mon 06 Feb, 2017  Reply with quote

At first I am hesitant, as I usualy am. I begin thinking of the possible ways this situation could end. I am unsure if I should let the key guide me, but curiosity gets the better of me. I hold the key in both my hands, creating a sealed ball of fingers with the key inside. I move around trying to find exactly where the key is trying to go.

Fate
Solitary
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Mon 06 Feb, 2017  Reply with quote

DTDownUnder wrote:
At first I am hesitant, as I usualy am. I begin thinking of the possible ways this situation could end. I am unsure if I should let the key guide me, but curiosity gets the better of me. I hold the key in both my hands, creating a sealed ball of fingers with the key inside. I move around trying to find exactly where the key is trying to go.

You move around the room, it seems like the doorways are slightly tugging on the key, not enough to pull it out in your hands, but the feeling is there. It seems like you have to choose a doorway to open.

Alot
MEOW
Astral Explorer
LD count: 9

PostPosted: Thu 16 Feb, 2017  Reply with quote

I choose the right door.

Fate
Solitary
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Fri 10 Mar, 2017  Reply with quote

Alot wrote:
I choose the right door.

You insert the key in the keyhole of the door on the right and turn the key.

After a brief moment of silence, the stone door cracks ajar as it grinds against the floor. And a strong gust of wind enters yet another corridor of pitch blackness.

(Sorry for the very long delay)

Alot
MEOW
Astral Explorer
LD count: 9

PostPosted: Tue 21 Mar, 2017  Reply with quote

Wow this is getting scary.. (I conveniently forgot about the skeleton back there)

However, I came here for a reason, and my sense of adventure and purpose encourage me on. If no one is going to stop me, I am going on into the darkness to where the wind is leading.

Fate
Solitary
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Tue 11 Apr, 2017  Reply with quote

Alot wrote:
Wow this is getting scary.. (I conveniently forgot about the skeleton back there)

However, I came here for a reason, and my sense of adventure and purpose encourage me on. If no one is going to stop me, I am going on into the darkness to where the wind is leading.

After a few minutes of walking, the corridor starts winding left and right. Soon you see glimmering lights in the distance. Upon walking closer to the source, it looks like an altar in the middle of a room. You are not in the room yet, but you hear mumbling and movement, but not see who or what is making those sounds.

Page 1 of 2Goto page 1, 2  Next

print   ShareShare