Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
Praxis99
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: Many

Sleep paralysis leading into multiple lucid dreams
PostPosted: Wed 14 Jun, 2017  Reply with quote

I had (for me) a unique experience of ‘sleep paralysis’ just the other night. Instead of some of the panic I might have felt previously it just acted as an quiet ‘interlude’ between a series of seemingly interconnected lucid dreams. One dream would fade out but I’d find myself ‘aware’ in a ‘rigid’ body in blackness before another dream would form within which I was immediately lucid. The dreams themselves were odd, full of at times grotesque but not threatening figures, such as skeletal faced children or adults looking like 'the thing' but interestingly when I sort to ‘wish’ them away another perfectly normal figure appeared at my side asking me why I had done so. At one point a dream character told me I had been ‘alive’ three times and they wanted to ‘fix me’ even telling me tales of my ‘previous’ existence. All in a pretty odd experience but a very vivid one and not something I’ve experienced before re the calm transitional period I spent in sleep paralysis.

Current LD goal(s): To have regular, longer and more vivid lucid dreams
moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul, 2017  Reply with quote

It sounds like a very interesting experience. eh
Quote:
when I sort to ‘wish’ them away another perfectly normal figure appeared at my side asking me why I had done so

did you answer or just ignore the DC?

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Praxis99
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 29 Jul, 2017  Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay in reply.

No I didn't respond to the DC directly but it did make me feel kind of chastened for having wished to do so since I felt no 'threat' from the same.

Indeed what made this experience so memorable was my interactions with the DC's along with a 'rock solid' feeling of lucidity. Often in my lucid dreams DC's behave like 'shop window dummies' but not here since my interactions with 'them' were not initiated by me but by them, for example been told of a previous 'life' were I brought and sold houses. Its that aspect that made the LD so memorable and vivid. I wish all my LD's were so!

Selkie
Mistwalker
Lucid Initiate
Selkie has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Tue 22 Aug, 2017  Reply with quote

Wow, super interesting with the SP in between dreams. I never really thought about it before, but I suppose other people must be experiencing SP this way, especially if they use it to LD.

As far as I can tell by reading other people's accounts, it seems to be just as common to be calm in SP as panicked.

Sounds like a great string of dreams, verging on the profound with those interactions with the DC.

Current LD goal(s): Revive my recall and sadly neglected dream-life :(
Praxis99
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 15 Nov, 2017  Reply with quote

This is now becoming something of a fixture of my lucid dreaming experience. I find as lucidity fails in one dream if I resolve to remain still in what I surmise is a twilight zone 'tween waking and sleeping another lucid dream will often form into which I am immediately lucid. Not always of course but when it works it can often lead to a 'cascade' of lucid dreams often with a over-arching theme.

Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Letaali has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Wolfgame
LD count: 99

PostPosted: Wed 15 Nov, 2017  Reply with quote

There's a lot of threads talking about this twilight zone. Some people call it the void and it seems to be an empty dream world. Some people have complete darkness while others have gray or white voids. We might also experience the void during NREM, but I have no solid evidence for that. I find the Void interesting, because it seems everyone experiences it.

I've had lucid dreams that started in the void, but I haven't had SP in it. I've had sleep paralysis in the beginning of some lucid dreams though. Often I can force myself to move or use a technique like "Reframing". Example of reframing would be "I'm not paralyzed, there's just invisible shackles holding me down. I'll be free if I just phase through them." As long as you believe the problem is something manageable, it stops being a problem.

Current LD goal(s): Reach the Frozen Planet
Praxis99
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 16 Nov, 2017  Reply with quote

I think the main thing for me when this occurs is the dream characters I encounter who seem to have a 'life' of their own. By that I mean they clearly come across as something autonomous and 'self' driven rather than a 'shop window dummies' as is the the case otherwise.

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare