Making friends with dream characters

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
Susan_Y
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

Making friends with dream characters
PostPosted: Mon 26 Jun, 2017  Reply with quote

Looking back through my dream journal, I see a lot of dreams where I'm sure the dream character was friendly, but nothing really happened (good or bad) I think if I'd approached them, I could have made the dream more positive.

This isn't about turning hostile dream characters/monsters into friendly ones, more about engaging ones that already seem friendly.

Some ideas tbat come to mind:
- greeting the dc, saying hi or giving them a wave
- giving them a hug
- if they seem to have some kind of problem, offering to help
- inviting them out to an event of some kind
- giving them a present (would make story sense if the premise is you already know them fairly well)
How some things get interpreted might depend a bit on the gender/sexual orientation of the dreamer and the DC.

Are there any obvious things to do that I've missed? What differences are there in how you approach male vs female dream characters?

(P.S. I realise this could verge on being dating advice... I'm specifically talking about dream characters, who can be a bit different from real life).

Selkie
Mistwalker
Lucid Initiate
Selkie has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Sat 26 Aug, 2017  Reply with quote

I like the idea of offering to help them or acting under the premise that you are already good friends. The former in particular seems like it could lead to an adventure.

I'd very much like to bring out more of my DCs' potential. I tend to mostly get ones that are dumb and vacant.. perhaps due to my own expectations.

I've also been interested for some time, and have been unsuccessful in, cultivating a friendship so that I have a kind of recurring dream side-kick.

Current LD goal(s): Revive my recall and sadly neglected dream-life :(
Insomnia44
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 23

PostPosted: Wed 01 Nov, 2017  Reply with quote

Well in my dreams there allways is a dog i had a few years ago. Sadly he died due to a car accident. Anyway he is my dreamsign and i can speak to him. I once told him to remind me everytime he sees me that i am dreaming right know :D And sometimes thie technique works, its amazing :D

Ruiter762
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 9

PostPosted: Wed 01 Nov, 2017  Reply with quote

dreamsign can have positive or negative moods. I once asked a random person in a dream if he culd remind me that I dream the next time I see him, but he just said: "No ask someone else"???

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare