Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
Praxis99
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: Many

Healing lucid dream
PostPosted: Wed 16 Aug, 2017  Reply with quote

As a child I had lots of vivid sometimes frightening dreams but perhaps only one before my teenage years that I'd recognise as been lucid and sticks with me still as the middle aged man I now am which I like to recount.

I was eleven and my oldest and much loved brother had sadly committed suicide at the age of 24.

Not long after I had a dream where I found myself 'aware' in the entrance to my local train station in which there was an under track subway. I walked in my dream to one end of the same. It was in darkness save for a light at the other end from where you would ascend another passageway to get to the train platforms.

At the other end was the silhouette form of my dead brother. I did not feel frightened by this and I recall we talked particularly my asking him (sometimes angrily) why he had done what he had done. At one point I determined to start on down the passageway to him only for him to tell me it was not possible.

The dream goes fuzzy after that but I awoke with a sense of peace and sadness.

Looking back now middle aged as I am I still vividly recall the dream (almost as if a real memory), I feel it was probably a 'gift' from my dreaming mind to my child self trying to deal with something terrible and I thank it for so doing.

Current LD goal(s): To have regular, longer and more vivid lucid dreams
Malls and Halls
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
Malls and Halls has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 40-50?

Although they weren't lucid, I too have had a few very, very REAL dreams where I believe I have been visited or seen the dead. A few of them were even glimpses of my pets! I call those dreams my 'special dreams' because they felt nothing like any other dreams I have had. One was my grandpa visiting me shortly after his death...he looked like him, but was beautiful...glowing even...and happy. The other was my grandmother, who I saw as in her youth on a TV screen, trying to tell me something, but I couldn't hear her.

I think that perhaps we might be able to be visited by those who passed on. I've never tried to 'call for' my grandparents in a LD, but have seen them in LDs, and I always knew they were stick figure representations of themselves...

Current LD goal(s): To heal my wound & to ask DCs where am I
Praxis99
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: Many

Your post reminded me of a dream my late mother said she had during WWII. It was not a 'visit' from the dead per se but something similar.

She was only a young teenager at the time and her three brothers were away serving with the British Army. As a family they were very concerned about one of my uncles from whom they had not heard in some time. Anyway she recalled dreaming one night that he was stood "large as life" in her bedroom and was wearing a blue uniform. She said she was so delighted by this she jumped from the bed to run over to hug him and then of course actually woke.

She told me she ran to her parents room told them of her dream and when she mentioned the blue uniform her father blessed himself and they prayed together. What mum didn't know was at the time convalescing soldiers wore blue and her father had took this as a sign that her brother was alive.

This was indeed the case my uncle had been badly injured (by shrapnel) during a beach landing and left with other dead soldiers. However a passing US army doctor noticed he was alive and had him transferred to a military field hospital where his life was saved (and he went on to have a long career in the Police once the war was done). I notice your presumably an American by the way so thanks from a Brit for that!

What was going on with Mum's dream, hard to say for sure but it gave her and her parents some comfort at a very stressful time and she never forgot it so ingrained an impression it had made on her.

Current LD goal(s): To have regular, longer and more vivid lucid dreams
Ruiter762
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 9

PostPosted: Mon 06 Nov, 2017  Reply with quote

Wow this is a great story. My mum once told me a similar one. She saw her brother in her dream, after an car accident. She immidiatly called him and told him about her dream.
Anyway in this night he really had a car accident. Nothing extreme, nobody got heard, but this story is still remarkable.

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare