Ask and Receive
print ShareShare 

The Master Key

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
DeRuyter001
Knight Banneret
Somniologist
DeRuyter001 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: ∞

The Master Key
PostPosted: Mon 30 Apr, 2018  Reply with quote

The Master Key

The Locked Door

I've made this topic to deal with a sad truth. The sad truth is: a lot of lucid dreams suck. Have you ever had this experience? You wander around your house, thinking that everything looks a bit grey. You realize you're dreaming, but it all seems so fragile and unreal. You try to call people you know, you try to escape to another realm, but you feel somehow trapped, confined, unable. Is your voice even making a sound? You lose the dream.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Why the Door is Locked

How to Unlock the Door - putting the key in the door

How to Unlock the Door - turning the key

What's Behind the Door?

Don't beg. Lucid dreams are supposed better, not worse.

De Ruyter out.

Current LD goal(s): Bring Respiral back to life!

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com

Last edited by DeRuyter001 on Mon 30 Apr, 2018; edited 4 times in total
DeRuyter001
Knight Banneret
Somniologist

PostPosted: Mon 30 Apr, 2018  Reply with quote

If you've read the above, I have an exercise that you can do. As I've said, there are no tricks, no arcane or esoteric methodologies for obtaining the master key: only intelligent self-criticism and mental dedication. At the same time, some people learn best by having something to do, so here is a very concrete set of instructions for you to run through, if you find that helpful.

A Dream about Control

De Ruyter has a maxim for you. Lucid dreaming is either impossible or easy. The process by which it moves from being impossible to being easy is known as "practice". This process is infallible. Lucid dreaming is never difficult. If it's difficult, you're doing it wrong! reality check

Majah
dream grower
Somniologist
LD count: 100+

PostPosted: Tue 01 May, 2018  Reply with quote

This is all very interesting ,thank you for working it out and for sharing with us, De Ruyter!

I will try and work with it and report my findings
(This may take a while because of a temporary dry spell )

My approach to stop the negative mindset (of frustration, disappointment, stress and self-fulfilling prophecy overspannen ): I decided to appreciate every lucid moment. I no longer distinguish between a succesfull and a 'failed' ld. I mark every (semi-)lucid experience as valuable, some steps are tiny, some are huge, all steps are contributing to the practice.
Another thing is, I try to work on confidence in waking life.
Because of the different attitude I experience less stress when it comes to ld

DeRuyter001
Knight Banneret
Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue 01 May, 2018  Reply with quote

I hope it helps you, Majah. Let us know how it goes! I think the approach you already have will serve you well. Becoming lucid is simply making the connexion between your waking and sleeping experience. Increasing your groundedness, awareness and alertness in waking life will naturally increase the value of that connexion once you're dreaming.

Here's an example of how I "analyze and correct". When I first started lucid dreaming, I had a real problem with seeing the people I wanted to meet. I developed a phobia about it. Through sheer willpower I could get them to become present: but they would be invisible! I could touch them and hear what they said, but, whatever I did, I saw straight through them.

The analysis I did in waking life proved the cure. I thought to myself how strange it would be if I went to lunch with a friend, and he were to nibble on amuse-bouche and order wine and make witty remarks while being transparent the whole time. Or how I might go to a play and watch the props hover around the stage, guided by inscrutable forces, while lines of dialogue issued from the ether. The next time I became lucid, I met yet another invisible character. But I remembered the work I'd done during the day, and I remembered how ridiculous the whole situation ought to seem, from a waking perspective. I began to laugh heartily in her face. After a few moments, the character materialized in front of me and said, "Well, I don't think you ought to mock me; it's a very serious condition!" I never had a problem with see-through people again.

Laughter is a great cure for frustration. If, inside your dream, you can remember how stupid your problem would seem to an onlooker in real life, you're a long way towards emancipating yourself from your crazier lucid tics and phobias. We all had them once.

Bazanikins
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 09 May, 2018  Reply with quote

This is a brilliant idea. I've had some great success for myself when it comes to my lucid dreams. However, this new way of thought should really take things to the next level. I can truly relate to what you've so elaborately laid out. It's a different way of thinking but it makes so much sense. Why do the two (dream world and reality) worlds have to be separate? Why can't they be treated as the same? This post spoke volumes to me. Cheers for this enlightenment. I'll surely be implementing this way of thinking moving forward.

Current LD goal(s): Met my dream guide Walter, now to focus on the Dreamclock..
Hormoz

PostPosted: Mon 13 Aug, 2018  Reply with quote

Is the writer of this post still active?

Bazanikins
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

It looks like DeRuyter hasn’t logged on for a little over 2 months

Current LD goal(s): Met my dream guide Walter, now to focus on the Dreamclock..
DeRuyter001
Knight Banneret
Somniologist

I'm still here! Can I help?

By the way, I'm very glad my ideas helped you Bazanikins. Have you made any progress with the technique?

Esfirria

PostPosted: Wed 15 Aug, 2018  Reply with quote

So inspiring.. Thank you for taking trouble to write such an elegant revelation. I mean, there really is so much being written in the internet about how hard it is to do this, and this, and that in LDs, that one might get disheartened and demotivated. I guess those who have any troubles in LDs (like myself) have to get rid of this garbage and start over.

Current LD goal(s): Time dilation
Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Letaali has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Wolfgame
LD count: 109

PostPosted: Wed 15 Aug, 2018  Reply with quote

Esfirria wrote:
So inspiring.. Thank you for taking trouble to write such an elegant revelation. I mean, there really is so much being written in the internet about how hard it is to do this, and this, and that in LDs, that one might get disheartened and demotivated. I guess those who have any troubles in LDs (like myself) have to get rid of this garbage and start over.

My thoughts exactly. This is a great post.

My ramblings on the topic:

Current LD goal(s): Reach the Frozen Planet
Hormoz

PostPosted: Fri 17 Aug, 2018  Reply with quote

DeRuyter001 wrote:
I'm still here! Can I help?

By the way, I'm very glad my ideas helped you Bazanikins. Have you made any progress with the technique?

Well if you are still around, do you have discord or skype? If so can you PM the one you are most active in or both of them to me?

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare