LD4all Quest 117: December: The Spirit of Giving XII

LD4all Quest 117: December: The Spirit of Giving XII
The Spirit of Gifting is a LD4all traditional quest. Originally devised by Qu

On LD4all :ld4all: we have featured Wing Quests to enable members to explore LD’s in a fun way. If the lucid dreamer is successful, LD4all wings can be earned.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself

The Spirit of Giving XII
It’s the end of another year! :yay: Well, 2017 is nearing its end. Whether it was a positive or negative year for you, there’s still one more thing we must do before it’s properly over… it’s time for our traditional Quest The Spirit of Giving. It’s an opportunity to experience the joy of giving without mundane limits by taking part in our December Quest.

December is a time to reflect on the year and look forward to the new one… and it’s also an opportunity to spend time together with family and friends, share gifts and see the face of a loved one light up as they open a gift from you!

Since 2006 we’ve been exchanging presents with each other in our dreams and this year the tradition lives on. 11 years of the Spirit of Gifting!
In your dreams, find another dreamer and give them a present. Maybe it’s someone from LD4all, a loved one or just a dream character you’re fond of. Don’t celebrate Christmas? Not a problem, just give a gift from the heart and celebrate in your own way.

And, after we’re done giving gifts, why not celebrate the new year together! Many lucid dreamers have had exciting adventures in their lucid dreams, but why not try taking a breather and celebrate the new year with some friends? After you give a gift, find some way to celebrate the new year for extra fun! Of course, since this will be done in a lucid dream, it does not have to be mundane by any means. The only limit is your imagination or just enjoy hanging out with other dreamers at a fun LD4all party!

Enjoy yourself and don’t forget the gift wrapping!

To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• Become lucid :lucid:
  • Give a gift to someone you want to give a gift to.
  • Note: The gift must be wrapped so the receiver has to open it.
  • Bonus: Receive a gift in return (Not required to earn wings)
  • Bonus: Celebrate or welcome in the new year (Not required to earn wings, but much more fun!) :partying_face:
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - wings will be granted if you feel you have been successful in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

Wings will be granted after you have posted your success in this topic

Tips for Completing this Quest:* Set your mind for this Quest. Think about the holidays while incubating a dream.

• Decide who you want to give a gift to, and what you would like to give to them.
  • To get the gift try buying it from a shop, materializing the gift before you, or expecting it to be there when you turn around. Be creative!
  • Try shouting the person’s name, expecting them to be behind you, or maybe just show up to a holiday party! Just be creative.
  • Have fun! :yay:

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic. :smile:

And remember, the point of the Quest is to have fun! :happy:

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays. Best wishes to all!

Good Luck everyone :thumbs: :partying_face:

I read this last night and figured why not try, I haven’t had a lucid dream for awhile. Guess who had a lucid dream again? :colgate:

Anyways, I semi-completed the task. I materialized a present in a golden box, but then thought it looked too similar to a box I had recently seen irl, and for whatever reason that felt like cheating because I thought I needed to wrap the gift in my dream. (The box is fairly ornate, so it would be considered the same as wrapping a gift in my opinion). So I took the box and pulled on it, kind of like turning something inside out, and it became blue instead of gold. I have no clue what was inside the box though, the idea was to give it to a DC and then see what it was myself.

Anyways, after finishing the box, I tried to materialize some DCs to give it to (I had specific ones in mind), but unfortunately I couldn’t find any until I ran into someone I know irl. Even though they weren’t who I was trying to give a present to, I figured it was better than no one getting a present. The dream ended after giving them the present though, so I never got to see what was in it.

Well, you ‘did it’. Are you going to try for a LD to discover what was in the box? :peek:

Probably not, I can’t usually just conjure up any specific dream location, and DCs are fairly hit and miss as to whether I can summon them. If I happen to meet the DC again, I’ll try to ask what was in the box and report back if I find out anything.

In a lucid dream last night I made myself look like Santa and completed the quest by handing a wrapped present to a kid.

heres the dj entry

I didnt watch him open it but did ask him what he wanted for Christmas. Sagely he said “its not right to want things”

I had two lucid dreams tonight and I was so close. For this Quest I wanted to give one of my best friends my favourite book. In the first dream I couldn’t find the book and in the second dream I couldn’t find wrapping paper. :tongue:

Congrats obfusc8 and HeadinTheClouds :boogie: on your success.
JimMorrison, you were getting so close. :eh:

Just one night left, then the new January/February Quest will be available. :peek: