Movie Thread!-Part 2

Page 10 of 11Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Author  Message 
Hubbs
cookie lover
cookie lover

PostPosted: Thu 31 Mar, 2005  Reply with quote

Neo wrote:
Looks great but as other people have said I'm pissed about Reeves being in there... Man, the way he says "Two hemispheres in my brain" in the trailer makes me want to take a folding chair to his head.

I thought I was the only one that felt that, he still sounds like he's in Bill and Ted's Excellent adventure. But he's in alot of movies, to many, some movies that i hate to say that i do enjoy. I don't know what to think at this point overspannen

Shadowless
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Thu 31 Mar, 2005  Reply with quote

You might be relieved to know that Reeves is actually intended to be playing the part of a drugged-out loser. That much will add credibility to his role.

Hubbs
cookie lover
cookie lover

PostPosted: Mon 04 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

Sin City colgate

Very good movie, I didnt know what to expect and it turned out great, if you like comic types movies this is up your alley. If you like rated R movies filled with violence and nudity and death, this is up your alley. Or if you just want to see something new for a change between every style of new films, this is up your alley. I loved how it was black and white and if anything was significant it would turn in color, i liked that affect alot. I liked all the characters and there values and if you notice in the film it has a morality tale to it. Kinda of hard to find between all the action and plot, you can get lost very easily. Great movie, thats all i can say, its been a little time so I had to share this one. yes

Other than movies in the theater, i had seen one on Dvd called Battle Royal, its all in Japanese (subtitles) and its great, its like a school of high school students that are stranded on a island force to kill each other with a mystery weapon in every person's bag. it could be a sword to a gun to taser to a pot lid to binoculars. Its cool to watch if you like gore movies filled with death and violence, check it out smile

Syphex
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Tue 05 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

Worse than Reeves playing Arctor, Woody Harrelson is playing Luckman! I saw an interview with him on the set and he didn't even understand that the film was going to be rotoscoped. When the interviewer asked him how he felt about being turned into a "cartoon character" he got really uptight, angry and confused. Hilarious.

Aw, he's gonna ruin that character. sadblauw

lucidboy
A.k.A-CD
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Tue 05 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

ivi wrote:
cranberrydude wrote:

Oh so they are using Rotoscoping on this one?

Yes.

Oh My.... 8D What a great visuals of the movie! looks very artistic to me. Awesome!!eek2 The bad part is that of the storyline... don't seem to be that interesting.

Syphex
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Wed 06 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

cranberrydude wrote:
The bad part is that of the storyline... don't seem to be that interesting.

Don't worry, the story's great as long as Linklater doesn't change it too much. And I know he's a big fan of Philip K Dick so hopefully he won't unless he really thinks it needs it.

lucidboy
A.k.A-CD
Dream Deity

Syphex wrote:

Don't worry, the story's great as long as Linklater doesn't change it too much. And I know he's a big fan of Philip K Dick so hopefully he won't unless he really thinks it needs it.

Well whatever the storyline is i will give this movie a chance...

freedom88
Extreme escapist
Dream Deity

Whoa this movie looks really cool! ...anyone know when it is coming out?

Syphex
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Yeah, unfortunately not until March 2006. It was supposed to be September/October this year, but it's been pushed back, most likely due to the studio not compensating for the amount of time it takes to do the rotoscoping.

LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!

PostPosted: Fri 08 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

sadblauw sadblauw sadblauw sadblauw

freedom88
Extreme escapist
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Mon 11 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

wow thats a really really long time to push back a movie... ah well...

Hubbs
cookie lover
cookie lover

PostPosted: Wed 25 May, 2005  Reply with quote

Star Wars is out, and i heard alot of good things,
I heard that it's darker and ends right in place. I havent seen in it, im waiting for the lines to shorten. But i dont mind reading your opinons, just give a heads up for spoiler. Im pretty excited to see it, like the old feeling when i used to get when i was younger. Other than that i saw Hitchers Guide and i loved it. Give more thoughts later, gotta jet :D

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

Hubbs wrote:
Star Wars is out, and i heard alot of good things,
I heard that it's darker and ends right in place. I havent seen in it, im waiting for the lines to shorten. But i dont mind reading your opinons, just give a heads up for spoiler.

you should read the Star Wars: Episode III made me sad sadblauw topic in the lounge. http://www.ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12037

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
whispa
no surprises please
cookie lover

I can't wait to see the 'Charlie And The Chocolate Factory' remake with Johnny Depp playing Willy Wonka. I saw a review of it half a year ago so feels like a long wait, think its coming to the cinema this summer.

bluedolphin87
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Fri 27 May, 2005  Reply with quote

Yes good choice. Johnny depp is my fav actor ever ever ever ever and forever, I also want to see charlie and the chocholate factory. All of his movies are my favorate,lol, His movie finding neverland (newest) is really good. but it's sad. and not like most of the stuff he does. Well nothing is really, I mean he never does a movie that is the same does he>hmmmm???

ulia roberts- pretty women or runnaway bride (yes I know both richered geer, lol.)

also love meg ryan- sleepless in seattle, you've got mail.

and he isn't my fav actor but he's fine as ah nm- keanu reeves.
the matrix and constintien.

consitintien is prob the best out of all of those movies, but keanu reeves isn't my fav actor.

Page 10 of 11Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

print   ShareShare