EN \ NL \ FR
Train your lucid dreaming skills:
Join the LD4all Quest and earn your Wings!
print ShareShare 

Military draft in spring 2005, for real

Page 1 of 6Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Author  Message 
LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!

Military draft in spring 2005, for real
PostPosted: Mon 24 May, 2004  Reply with quote

<MOD>Removed ALL CAPS from title</MOD>
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/alert/?ale rtid=5834001&content_dir=ua_congressorg

CIVIL WAR?

I hope so. (not really, but it'd make a statement to those jackasses)

Mohegan
Mond Tanz
LD4all addict

Hmmm. "John Titor" would love this.

BioHazard
Dream Walker
Astral Explorer

Hmmmm,As much as I love the U.S I don't think I could ever kill another human.
If the draft happens I'll go to canada or take off my own leg.
I know that might sound odd but I'd rather hurt myself then another person.

Vae Victus
Somniologist
Somniologist

Some part of me almost hopes that there is a draft in the (remote) hopes that another Vietnam-esque revolution could occur (the real reason for the so-called "Vietnam syndrome"--a term invented by fat pigs who want other people to die so that they can accumulate money), since obviously the people who voluntarily enlist in the army are so hyped up on jingoism that they would do anything their imperialist masters tell them to.

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2002/10/44002.html

skyscape

The draft? How barbaric. America is run by absolute morons.
(So is Australia)

Monitor199a
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

We could have a civil war, assuming that people are so unwilling to join the army and fight that they would be willing to join an army and fight for their right not to join an army and fight. grin

Mohegan
Mond Tanz
LD4all addict

Quote:
If the draft happens I'll go to canada or take off my own leg.

Canada isn't a possibility. Need help with the leg?

Monitor > I don't know if you read the John Titor thread, but he does say that the "American Civil" war in 2005 will start because america stops being about freedom and starts being about security.

Maybe he was right.

Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!

Monitor199a wrote:
We could have a civil war, assuming that people are so unwilling to join the army and fight that they would be willing to join an army and fight for their right not to join an army and fight. grin

I don't think John Titor was "right" he just had some common sense and was a bit ahead of most other conspiracy theorists....

but here's the thing, what does the government do to protestors?

Well.... here I'll show you something that dumbfounded me, especially since I only just recently heard about it.

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=03/11/21/1 521259&mode=thread&tid=25

The government is constantly developing non lethal CHEMICAL weapons as well as lasers and stuff to use on CIVILLIANS, okay..... TO USE ON US.

Think about it, do the police like protestors? The ideal policeman would, but does some burned out loving hippy become a cop, NO! Police jobs attract blind patriots, authority figures, bullies, etc.... a lot of cops do it for the power, and don't question a damn thing, a lot of cops would bust your taillight for being unfriendly if they wrote you a ticket, etc...

They see protestsors as enemies to America really, it's just putting two and two together to see how horribly bad the draft protests are going to be.

The media will probably ignore them until lots of people are killed and jailed.....

I mean imagine peacefully carrying protest signs and being riddled with rubber bullets, get hit in the eye you're dead... get hit in the head you probably have brain damage....... this stuff is going to get very bad very quickly.

The protests WILL make Vietnam look insignificant, and the police brutality WILL be unprecendented, becuase they see us as terrorist lovers and violent anarchists, and some of us will be violent anarcshists, but surely they will be disproportionate.

If I start protesting I think I'm going to have to invest in an armored gas mask and a bullet proof vest.

oh and when the police brutalize thousands of innocent people, more and more people join the cause, when people start dying and perhaps being put in detention camps, you will see small acts of domestic terror against the police and military forces, and you will see militais uprising, you will see gun nuts fearing for their right to bear arms taking our side, you will see a civil war.

it's not hard to imagine really.....

Dream Monster
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Tue 25 May, 2004  Reply with quote

I think that the next few years americans will understand more and more why europeans always talk about war as a last resort.

the odd thing is all the guys who are sponsoring this are democrats, it was originally written to try and keep the youth from being eager to support this war... but...

i wonder if the republicans are just not saying anything until after elections or what....

I know democrats aren't that different from republicans... so... it could be we are screwed either way we vote.

dnLMicky
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

that first link cant be real. congress.org is orginization while Congress is a government branch so a congress site would end in .gov

War On Terror

I don't understand what this supposed draft would be for. We are supposed to hand Iraq over to their own government in June. Donald Rumsfeld has said many times when asked that there is no reason to hold a draft and that the Bush administration was not going to support it. I know that it is always a possibility that he could go back on his word, but with all the controverse surounding him already, that would just add to his shit-list even more.

austizmo
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Quote:
that first link cant be real. congress.org is orginization while Congress is a government branch so a congress site would end in .gov

It's not a government site, but seach from the call numbers of the bills cited. It's most certainly real. Thought I doubt it will pass.

cblade
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 10 Jun, 2004  Reply with quote

America will soon realise why we in europe dont like wars. I can see a civil war happening in america and with all the advances in technology it wont be pretty.

Americans look at their own country and see it as being in trouble.

In europe we look at america and see it as a risk.

Civil War?
PostPosted: Fri 11 Jun, 2004  Reply with quote

I very very highly doubt we will have a civil war in America anytime soon.
There has always been multiple view points on just about everything in this country. As for there being a draft and that triggering a civil war. It just doesn't make sense. The reason I don't want to get drafted in the first place is so I don't die. The agenda of Bush, and the idea of being a part of one of the most controversial military actions are a few others, but being alive is the most important to me. I would never be dumb enough to go to war, so I don't have to go to war. That is a oxymoron. There is no real anti-government movments in the United States. There is some I suppose, but they are all single units and are often just people that were inbread and live in a shack. It would take a anti-government group with firepower to even be considered a threat in this country, and that simply doesn't exist.

Page 1 of 6Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

print   ShareShare