EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

The BIG Remembering Dreams Topic - Part II

Author  Message 
l'Altro Me

PostPosted: Thu 08 Apr, 2004  Reply with quote

In the past, when i did not have a dream journal, i remembered only strange and powerful dreams. I loved them.

Now that I have a dreamlog, I can remember more than a dream for night. But I don't like them. I've found that I'm not interested in remembering them, because they are very similar to my ordinary life.

Anyone feels like this?

Technodreamer
In mod disguise!
cookie lover

PostPosted: Thu 08 Apr, 2004  Reply with quote

Yes. I have dreams about school. Just what I need, even more school. I waste 5 years learning education that I will never use in RRL. At the end of the day I don't want to dream about more school.

But be patient. Your motive for remembering your dreams is to aim for lucid dreaming, and expand your consciousness.

Current LD goal(s): Remember dreams
milod789
Night Explorer
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Fri 09 Apr, 2004  Reply with quote

I think we have all had those long boring dreams before practicing LD ing. I know that I have found that practicing LD ing has an effect on my ND making them more interesting.

dnLMicky
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

Come to think of it, probably 50% of my dreams occur in school
overspannen

milod789
Night Explorer
LD4all addict

That should be a pretty good dream sign for you. smile

Lucid_Adventurer
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Mon 19 Apr, 2004  Reply with quote

Hey guys, im back! You probably dont remember me, but I'm back!

Well, i've been doing well with remembering, but now the tides have turned completely opposite on me. Instead of easily remembering dreams on weekends, i cant remember anything! What happens is that i have so many dreams because i sleep in that when I wake up they are all fresh in my mind but at the same time. This causes a 'dream overload' and i cant pick details or anything from it.

Strange...

Atheist
Hopelessly devoted
cookie lover

I remember you, LA. Welcome back. smile

Not sure I understand what you mean by "dream overload". You recall so much that you don't recall anything? (I could just be too tired to work that out...)

Maybe you could try letting go of the little details for now, and just focus on writing down the basic plot of your dreams as soon as you wake up. List some locations, characters and significant events, then build on that with more specific information if you can.

Can you describe the situation in a little more detail?

Lucid_Adventurer
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Well what happens is that i have so many dreams and since im not exactly brilliant at remembering they get all mixed up. When i try to write them down i keep on crossing stuff out or hesitating because I just know that thats not what happened in the dream at that time.

I dunno. Im weird that way. siiw

Atheist
Hopelessly devoted
cookie lover

Actually, I understand what you mean now. Occasioanlly I get multiple dreams mixed up if I don't wake up a couple of times between them. I usually just write down what I can anyway, even if I don't recall which dream the particular event was from.

PistGurl
Ruler of LD4all
Dream Deity

I dont bother writing my dreams down when I wake up between them now, cos it stops me from either getting back to sleep or having vivid dreams later on. I do run them through while I'm going back to sleep thiough (which causes me to have 5 dreams in the same place/with the same theme). I don't usually have any problems remembering them in the morning, but if I do I just go through the bits I can remember in detail ang go from there, mostly backwards.
Sometimes it's really annoying because I'll wake up in the morning and not be able to remember the first dream, and then an hoour later say, I'll remember the first one, but I can't remember the last one, it's really funny(not at the time!)

JaRoD
LD Addict :P
cookie lover
Chat Mods

The best way for me to remember dreams are to tell myself to wake up after each dream. And to write down a few words when I wake up in the night and write all my dreams down when I get up in the morning.

BareMig

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr, 2004  Reply with quote

How do I fight that lazyness of mine?

The largest problem for me is getting myself to write the dreams down - I can't help it. Somebody got an advice?

milod789
Night Explorer
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Mon 26 Apr, 2004  Reply with quote

BareMig

You could record your dreams on tape. Then you can write them down later when you have time. As for help with lazyness. All I can tell you is that LD ing does take some effort on your part. If it is important enough to you you will do it. It is well worth it. Trust me.

clarkkent
cookie lover
cookie lover
LD count: 100

PostPosted: Mon 26 Apr, 2004  Reply with quote

Funny but I don't tell myself anything except to have a lucid dream. I just wake up after every dream and I just write it down.

milod789
Night Explorer
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Tue 27 Apr, 2004  Reply with quote

Quote:
I dont bother writing my dreams down when I wake up between them now, cos it stops me from either getting back to sleep or having vivid dreams later on.

I don’t write my dreams down in the middle of the night anymore either but, I do write them down in the morning. When I wake in the middle of the night I do not want to stay up to long. I go right back to sleep to WILD. This way I can do WBTB with little disruption to my sleep. It works great for me because, I do remember my dreams in the morning.

Last edited by milod789 on Mon 03 May, 2004; edited 1 time in total

print