Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

Music to listen to

Author  Message 
7Regrets
Apollo's Eye
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sat 08 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

Sometimes listening to movie music tracks can do some with Ludicity. I mean, I like the Donnie Darko soundtrack.

You could try listening to David Gray, Counting Crows, Placebo, U2, Remy Zero, Iron And Wine, Grateful Dead, The Verve, etc. Give those a try.

If you like that trance stuff, Enya's also good. I'm not a big fan though. I do like the LucidQuest music though.

There is a site, (you could try to Google it), where you can make you own ambient/trance/electronica songs for free. I can't remember the program name. I use to have it on my old computer. If I remember or anyone else finds it, I'll come back to that.

LDgirl
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat 08 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

Hey peoples! That Lucid Induction track worked! I listened to it 5 times in a row (it's like 12 min.), turned it off and went lucid! 8D It was a DILD, but it was dang vivid still. I'm hoping I won't have to listen to it 5 times everytime to get lucid. I'm gonna experiment a little with that. When I listened to it, I got to the point of being numb, and I think it needed to be turned down a notch, but I didn't want to move! LOL! So I moved and THEN turned it off. I still got lucid though....but then woke up. grrr BTW, does anyone know where I could get the 24 min. one I keep reading about? I got the one called "Alpha"....is the "Beta" the 24 min. one? Thanks!

LDGirl

Current LD goal(s): Have a WILD every night,
Snow
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 09 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

I have problems sleeping with the warm weather here at the moment but when I play bob marley I sleep good. I had been wondering whether it would have an positive or negative effect.

Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

Mazzy star "Amoung my swan" This has a great winter atmosphere, allso Hope sandovals "Bavarian fruit bread" If you have never heard of them please check them out.

I allso love the Pure moods C.D.s

Robin
Fat Chicks Rules!
Astral Explorer

Listened through Tool's Lateralus yesterday and it just kept me from falling asleep.

Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

I love this C.D., but i cant find it in stores anywhere, I use to have it, but then I lost it. Listen to the sampales I think youll like it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000007SBT/ref=pd_rh f_p_1/103-7042874-9267021?n=470010&no=%2A&s=music&v=g lance

Amused Himself to Death
pretty close...
Dream Deity

Thom Yorke's new album, The Eraser, is excellent for this type of thing. If you enjoyed Kid A, you'll find it pretty solid. Its similar in styles.

zombie
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 21 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

foo fighter
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Tue 15 Aug, 2006  Reply with quote

Okay, this is going off on a big tangent, but the wiipedia article linked to [by zombie] above says:

Quote:
Richard D. James {Aphex Twin} has stated in interviews that the sounds in this music were inspired by lucid dreams, and that upon awaking, he would attempt to re-create the sounds and record them. He claimed that he has natural synaesthesia, which contributed to this album.

.... I hadn't heard of "synaesthesia", so I followed the wikipedia link to that, which says:

Quote:
Synesthesia ... is a neurological condition in which two or more bodily senses are coupled. For example, in a form of synaesthesia known as grapheme-color synaesthesia, letters or numbers may be perceived as inherently colored. In another ... numbers are automatically and consistently associated with locations in space. In other forms of synesthesia, music and other sounds may be perceived as colored or having particular shapes. Synesthesia involving shape and form are fairly common, while synesthesia involving taste and smell are somewhat rare.

I just thought that was really interesting! I've sometimes read people mention seeing sounds or hearing colours in dreams, it's interesting that this sort of thing can happen (for some people) in waking life too.... eek2

Cluster

PostPosted: Wed 23 Aug, 2006  Reply with quote

Nobuo Uematsu's music helps perhaps....

DeadSkerry

PostPosted: Wed 30 Aug, 2006  Reply with quote

maybe the band lucid would help.. wink

edit: remy zero were fantastic and are possibly (hopefully) soon to be getting back together.

hoodaman
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Tue 05 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

I've been listening to the band Pagan's Mind a bunch lately and it's good stuff. It's Progressive Metal but the keyboards in it are mostly pad-oriented with an almost creamy sound to them. The subject matter meshes very well with LDing. They even have a song called "Dreamscape Lucidity".

There's a few songs available for free download on their site and you can find their albums on amazon for not too much.

www.pagansmind.com

Later,
Dave

octavarium
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Tue 12 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

I guess Tool would work best for me. Especially stuff like Parabol or Schism, The Patient or Reflection...

Oh and We enter by Aphrodite

Robin
Fat Chicks Rules!
Astral Explorer

The album Lateralus by Tool used to make me fall asleep over the day, but when I tried it for a WILD I stayed awake throughout the whole album.

LD count: 8

I didn't have many acoustic/relaxing CDs avaliable to me (unless you call In Flames, Iron Maiden and Lordi relaxing), so I used the Foo Fighters - In Your Honour disc 2 (the acoustic one)

It worked extrememly well. I was gone before the CD ended. While I didn't go lucid, I felt numb, sometimes felt like I was falling, and had AMAZING dream recall that night. Oddly enough, it was a dream mainly about flying!

I higly recommed that album, though it may not work for you.

Current LD goal(s): Achieve stable lucidity; Have a conversation with myself

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com

print