Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

The BIG Déjà Vu topic - Part I

Author  Message 
huggkruka
Swedish Sleepyhead
Somniologist

PostPosted: Thu 26 Oct, 2006  Reply with quote

Deja Vus are pretty common for everyone, I think. Mine can be a bit bothering sometimes. When I get deja vu, I often think, "this has happened before. Wait, I thougth that thougth the last time I saw this happening.". Sometimes the chain ends here, but sometimes I get this really bothering feeling of an infintesmal line of deja vus where I think "This is what I thought the last time I thought "This is what I thought the last time I thought"This is what I thought the last time..." and so on.

Since our brains have powerful failsafe systems for that kind of reasoning, it stops before I think too hard about it. :D

Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Thu 26 Oct, 2006  Reply with quote

My feelings of dajivu only last about 5 secounds. I wonder what it would be like for 5 minutes.

život
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Thu 09 Nov, 2006  Reply with quote

I think that deja vu feeling is infinity.I think that perception of time is based on our toughts and system of decisions we make for every moment and for every body movement that brain usualy percept without our tought ,or words commanding the movement.So, before we realize, we decide to percept or do something,so the feeling of deja vu comes and you feel fooled or like some great secret is about to reveal.I think that the great secret is our SC,and i feel that my SC has much better system,and perception of life that we all try to learn trough life.
wisdom is the lasting moment and no more fragments of life are left to repeat, just that everlasting, whole picture. kiekeboe

eternalhope

PostPosted: Fri 10 Nov, 2006  Reply with quote

My best friend and I had a deja-vu sometime ago and it was really funny smile

My friend was saying to me something and I had the feeling that she said it only one minute before. I asked her about it, she answered "no" and made jokes about the Matrix and deja-vus.

Shortly after her third joke she got silent, looked to me and said "You won't believe me! I have a feeling of deja-vu right now".

She was serious about it and we had a strange feeling the whole day.

StantheGarbageMan
Feeder of Cats
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sun 12 Nov, 2006  Reply with quote

I seem to have deja-vu in my dreams all the time- I'm in this place that I've never been before in real life or in dreams, most commonly a huge old mansion or a large crowded area, and yet I feel as if I had been here many times and even know the whole layout of the place.

Zz
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Mon 13 Nov, 2006  Reply with quote

Does anyone else have deja vus of having a deja vu, if that makes sense?

Tggtt
Quest Doctor
cookie lover
Tggtt has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes

PostPosted: Mon 13 Nov, 2006  Reply with quote

Good question.
The saturday before the last one, I was crossing a avenue and had a plenty of deja-vus in the middle of it.

I stopped there, because, for 3 seconds, it seemed last longer, I wasn't sure where I was, because I had the feeling like I was already at the other side of the avenue.
At least, I'm fine now. (maybe eh )...

0Haku0
Hopeless Daydreamer
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 29 Nov, 2006  Reply with quote

I used to have terrible Deja Vu about 2 years back, I would get that feeling nearly every day, but it has died down quite a bit since then. I cant even recall the last time I've had Deja Vu.

Ilusion
Uber Lucid Dreamer
Novice dreamer

dream dejavuu
PostPosted: Thu 07 Dec, 2006  Reply with quote

one night i was lucid dreaming and i was hungry, so i went out in to my kitchen and made it a nice night of having dinner with my familly and my dad had made cordon bleu

The next day for dinner, i walk out into the kitchen and its the exact same setting i conjured up in my lucid dream, and we were eating cordon bleu. de ja vuu the maximum point

painocus
Chooser of the Slain
Dream Deity
painocus has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 83

PostPosted: Mon 11 Dec, 2006  Reply with quote

Deja Vus?
I have abut 3 of them a day...

Zz
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Tue 12 Dec, 2006  Reply with quote

there just parts of dreams you didn't that then happen in real life so it feels really messed up.

DreamingPatrick

An Idea
PostPosted: Sat 16 Dec, 2006  Reply with quote

Hey, I get Deja Vu a lot too. I read somewhere a possibility for it. It said something like our subconscious mind records a current situation milliseconds before your conscious mind does. So when your conscious mind finally records the situation, your brain feels as if it has already seen this information, therefore creating the feeling of having "been here before" or "seen this before" because your subconscious had recorded it just moments before. I think it's a good possibility, not as "mythical" as I would like it to be, but whatever smile

Casualties

Deja Vu???
PostPosted: Sun 28 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

Ever since i started lucid dreaming I've been experiencing a lot more Deja Vu in RL. Has this happened to anyone else??

Maoru
off the trail
Lucid Initiate

My theory is that most normal events in dreams are possible and plausible, may be far off or in another dimension or something. So you dream about something awesome, its stored into your subconscious, you're confronted with a decision, and for some reason you choose one option over the other, perhaps because you subconsciously know the preferred outcome. Sometimes things from dreams happen later and you remember. Most of the time that I get deja vu I specifically remember it from a dream. It makes me wish I had awesome dream recall and digital journal so I can prove it to myself.

blood child
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Me. In fact, I think it may be a way of telling the future. Msybe it is not deja vu, but just you remembering seeing it in a lucid dream. I'm not fully sure though. Can anyone correct me?

print