Group dreaming possible sighting

Well it just hit me, some time ago, I went to this hypnotizer man’s show, and approximately 10 people fell asleep, at the same time, and when he described them a dream setting, they were all in it together, and they could talk to each other. And had the same “adventures”. Maybe this is a bit of shared dreaming, I wonder what would have happened if somebody got lucid during that time he could change the dream for the other people, of if they were all lucid maybe it could be the first recorded shared dream. I don’t know if it classifies as a dream, because they did fall asleep afterwards, but the man told them where they were, and they could open their eyes and still be “sleeping”. I think that they could actually have this shared experience because they fell asleep under the same triggers, the music and strange light patterns, at the same place, at the same time. I hit me last night, I didn’t go up because it was the first time I had gone to a show like this, and I didn’t know what kind of things they made them do.

The oTher day i was Thinking to myself. what if They made a hypnotic movie of some kind. it seems like it would be hard to get released, but Think of The possibilities of it. you can make The audience see what They want at times, you can make Them see what you want at times, you can even have Them feel like They are a animal of some kind. i doubt anyThing like This will ever really happen Though. but it seems like it would be someThing i would want to check out. it would be like your own personalized movie in your mind.

Yes exactly, if we used hyponism to influence lucid dreams we could eventually get to the point that we can dream anything we want, many phobias could be cured, nightmares would practically stop existing. This show was very strange and because it was real, many many people went, the bad thing is that as far as I know it has only been shown in Mexico (where I saw it), I was very astonished, because the man could feel them with fear instanly, then comfort them, it was as if their minds were puppets, they could play instruments they didn’t know how, speak alien languages, etc. The next time they come here, I’m going to try to become lucid, and see if I can mold the dream, the bad thing is that I don’t know when the show will be back.

Most of these hypnotise shows are complete total hoax… It is really not that easy to hypnotise a person and you dont loose completly control like this.

i was at a hypnosis show once, I wanted to go up on stage but I didn’t… damn my self confidence

they just had random people come up on stage, like 20-30 volutneers, basically if you wanted to go, you just got up and went… so… I don’t know, at times I thought it was fake though…

the guy looked just like Tommy from Titus, the hypnotist… I wanted to ask him if he was.

No, actually this guy looks like that blonde wrestler, he is a very scary looking man, and did you see that they were all “in the same place?”

I think he just had them in a suggestive trance, I don’t think he had them dream anything.

Well, he had them be in a house, looking for a check, in a part, then in a river, in a bank trying to collect the check, they could see the same things apparently. When he described them a setting they “were” there, in their minds, and we can’t ask our friends what was it that happened inside their heads, because he makes them forget everything right before waking them up.

that’s conveniant making them forget everything…

someone by the name of Andreas Mavromatis did a lot of research on hypnagogia, and he had a book called “Hypnagogia” or something like that which is sadly out of production.

Apparently he was able to prove that people can have shared hypnagogic experiences in the same room as each other at the same time… kind of like a group dreaming session I suppose, just never going deep enough as to enter a dream.

I’d quite like to get my hands on his book.

That book could help, I’ll be on the lookout for it.

“Hypnagogia: The Unique State of Consciousness Between Wakefulness and Sleep” by Andreas Mavromatis at Amazon.com
(it’s not cheap)…

And an interesting article in Fortean Times.

That Andreas Mavromatis is well worth a read I can recomend it too ivi.

Thanks for this post gtc87, intresting to hear about that stage hypnotist and the group. I experienced the same sort of thing when I was at uni (not with a hypnotist) with friends, although we were all a little off out heads.

The suggestion is coming from the hypnotist “you can see such and such” and they all can, they are not truely asleep.

Having said this I wanted a freind of my’n to hypnotise me last week in order to see if I could WILD more easily from that point. We down loaded scripts from this site hypnosis.com/trance/ind00.html .

It took about 5-8 mins but when she tried the Eye Catalepsy testing (seeing if you can open your eyes when commanded that you can’t) we found I wasn’t hypnotised.

I tried the same thing on her and thought we’d get the same result but when I asked her could she open her eyes they stayed shut. I thought she was just having me on and I asked her but she didn’t reply just started breathing rapidly and eratically like she was having a nightmare. I said I was going to start the exit script but she managed to say “wait”. I didn’t cause I was a little freaked.

She said that it didn’t feel like it would work right upto the point I said “try and open your eyes”. She panic then and I think I made it worse cause I was flustered as I didn’t expect it would work, I wanted to ask he to WILD but I knew she’d only had one lucid from deep sleep. For about 2 hrs after she wasn’t really the same and a little freaked out.

We will try again though and next time I’m going to add after the eye test that I’m going to send her completely to sleep (not the false hypnotic sleep that gtc87 saw but real sleep) and say that she will dream imediately and wake into lucidity. BUT crucially at that point I’m going to add that if she doesn’t feel upto it she can tell me now and I’ll wake her up.

I didn’t think it was going to be very responable for me to post this but as this thread is here I thought that others might try it so I thought I would post at least some advise.

hypnosis.com/trance/ind00.html this sites has hypno scripts, we used under DEEPENING “Relaxation Method I” then under INDUCTION did “Gil Boyne Method of Conditioning” using “Eye Catalepsy” to test for correct hypnosis under TESTING.

Glad to see this kind of enthusiasm, I am currently watching the page you gave us, thanks for the link, I’ll see if I can do it with my friends too. In that show what really wowed me was that they were all “dreaming” or “being hypnotized” to the same place and time, they were together, a little while ago I read about a person that got a lucid dreaming instantly while he was in school, and he was technically dreaming in a very light stage, maybe, if a group of lucid dreamers (maybe us, but I am in Latin America), could get together and visit a hypnotizer, and when they are all “sleeping” they could be told to have a lucid dream. The thing is that I don’t know if this would qualify for a group lucid dreaming, because it would be hypnotically induced. When he comes back again (the hypnotizer) maybe I get a video camera and tape it, the disadvantage would be that it would be in Spanish, and in analogic format, ie a tape, maybe I could send it to somebody who could convert it to digital, to post it here, I can translate all they are saying. I’ll research in my city to see if someone does that kind of job.